all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Fasted abs in the morning ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Three plus years of waking up around 4am, chug a qt. of water with some Concentrace Minerals, maybe some sea salt or baking soda, various mixtures of amino acids, strong french press coffee with butter, cinnamon , organic unrefined coconut oil, and 1 teaspoon of any one of several Host Defense mushroom powders, then exercise. That's it until 11 or noon when I will start to eat some solid food. Not exactly fasting, but works for me.

Black coffee, green tea, and one whole milk latte is all I get from waking up until 12 - 1 pm.

I do my major strength training after work, before dinner.

But in the morning I do my light morning routine before work, which is a mashup of bodyweight / sun salutation / mobility / ab stuff.

Another quick note:

TVA vacuum holds are definitely best done in a fasted state.

You can even do them lying on your back, in bed.

I’ve been doing it for 40 (surreal) years and has served me well. Eight hours eating, sixteen fasting, with the exception of black coffee in the am.
I've been doing this for about 3 years now. Train first thing in the morning after only water. Strength training, speed work, aerobic running/rucking, not a problem in a fasted state. Once I got used to training fasted it became my default.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom