all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Fastest way to strenghten the erector spinaes?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Btw, I keep hearing those examples but I just don't think it's the same thing. That fashion model won't have built a big back indeed (so she only needs to do some stretching to have a good posture), but a big back can actually cause bad posture, with the lats flaring out causing rounded shoulders. Look at swimmers for example.
Bad posture in swimmers is combination of overly tight pecs, weak and overly stretched middle back, posture in the water, and just poor standing and sitting habits.

There are a lot of solid programs out there, but imho, the first thing you want to figure out is how to stand in good posture (standing against a wall without lordosis or kyphosis) and learning how to be mindful of how you stand and sit all the time until you begin to have some automaticity with it.

What about the Spud Inc Bowtie? They have different options:

"The Casual Bowtie is great for aiding in postural correction and helping get rid of nagging shoulder pain. The softer material of the Casual Bowtie can be worn for long periods of time with minimal effort.
  • The Formal Bowtie was designed with the athlete in mind. The heavier and stiffer material will give you more compression where you need it to provide even stronger postural correction than the Casual Bowtie. Athletes with muscle imbalances and other issues from years of training for peak performance would benefit from the tighter feel of the Formal Bowtie. The Formal Bowtie can be used for a quick way to warm-up your shoulders before working out. Or, you can wear it while you work out to make sure your form stays tight and on point. Wear it while squatting, deadlifting and benching or while doing various accessory work.
Give the Bowtie a chance and you will be able to feel your body transform….your shoulders will love you, we promise!"

There are a lot of solid programs out there, but imho, the first thing you want to figure out is how to stand in good posture (standing against a wall without lordosis or kyphosis) and learning how to be mindful of how you stand and sit all the time until you begin to have some automaticity with it.
Solid advice! Will add that exercise as well! Actually think it could be one of the better ones!

What about the Spud Inc Bowtie? They have different options:

"The Casual Bowtie is great for aiding in postural correction and helping get rid of nagging shoulder pain. The softer material of the Casual Bowtie can be worn for long periods of time with minimal effort.
  • The Formal Bowtie was designed with the athlete in mind. The heavier and stiffer material will give you more compression where you need it to provide even stronger postural correction than the Casual Bowtie. Athletes with muscle imbalances and other issues from years of training for peak performance would benefit from the tighter feel of the Formal Bowtie. The Formal Bowtie can be used for a quick way to warm-up your shoulders before working out. Or, you can wear it while you work out to make sure your form stays tight and on point. Wear it while squatting, deadlifting and benching or while doing various accessory work.
Give the Bowtie a chance and you will be able to feel your body transform….your shoulders will love you, we promise!"

Haha cool, will look into it :)

Would like to strenghten them to improve my posture! I'm thinking squats but maybe there is something better? It's my main priority so if I can go lighter weights to reduce fatiguing my quads to do more volume I'm willing to do that. What would be the optimal way to do this in your opinion? Sets/Reps, how much % of 1RM and how many days per week? Thanks!!
Zercher Lifts would be helpful.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom