all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Fat burn "biology" of KB ballistics

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
keto diet if there are less carbs to burn. I was warned off paleo diet for that reason.

Paleo is not necessarily ketogenic. Lower carb than most westerners are used to yes, but not ketogenic low-unless you make it that way by never eating sweet potatoes or fruit. It's a great way to raise your food bill though;)

Hello,

@Norcoaster
I run paleo diet. This is not a keto diet. Indeed, there a lot of fruits and veggies in this diet.

Basically, this diet cuts off refined sugar, gluten and legumes, cereal grains (beans...), dairy, processed food, etc...

Maybe this link will help you:
What to Eat on the Paleo Diet - The Paleo Diet™

I use this diet for long time. I use this eating habit in a 16/8 IF frame with excellent results.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Norcoaster
I run paleo diet. This is not a keto diet. Indeed, there a lot of fruits and veggies in this diet.

Basically, this diet cuts off refined sugar, gluten and legumes, cereal grains (beans...), dairy, processed food, etc...

Maybe this link will help you:
What to Eat on the Paleo Diet - The Paleo Diet™

I use this diet for long time. I use this eating habit in a 16/8 IF frame with excellent results.

Kind regards,

Pet'
@pet and @rickyw - yes, you are right to point out that paleo and keto are not equivalent, what I was mentioning was advice I was given re carbs and performance.

I followed paleo for around 6 mths with reasonable results (paleo diet as defined by mark sisson and friends), though I now include some items that some would contend are not technically paleo. I am in favor of low refined carb diet ( though I give myself some cheat items every so often) not necessarily a fan of super strict paleo diets, that becomes a bit of a pain to define. I think allowing some flex based on how an individual responds to foods works best.

Hello,

because you can only digest goat cheese or because X book about paleo said so?
Because of a book. Indeed, as a French, I really love all cheeses. Goat cheese is the exception I do most of the time.

However, during meals with friends and family, I eat all cheeses. I am globally flexible. I feel better running with less carbs but I do not see difference with cheese. So...

I do not have any digestion issue, fortunately.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Because of a book. Indeed, as a French, I really love all cheeses. Goat cheese is the exception I do most of the time.

However, during meals with friends and family, I eat all cheeses. I am globally flexible. I feel better running with less carbs but I do not see difference with cheese. So...

I do not have any digestion issue, fortunately.

Kind regards,

Pet'
The French are way ahead of most countries (for sure the U.S.) when it comes to cheeses, I am just recently trying some of the more smelly but delicious varieties

Hello,

The French are way ahead of most countries (for sure the U.S.) when it comes to cheeses, I am just recently trying some of the more smelly but delicious varieties
;)

What did you taste ? Did you like them ? I enjoy telling to myself "they are full of fat and proteins" ahah !

Kind regards,

Pet'

The goat cheeses I have tried are excellent.

I have started to get into cheeses lately, would definitely love to try some authentic French and Italian cheeses.

I'm half italian, and absolutely adore my wine & cheese as well. The French definitely do something right, that's for sure.

[plays Fratelli d'Italia internally] Nice to know! I'm full blooded, and yes: French and us defintely know our way around in a kitchen!

The goat cheeses I have tried are excellent.

I have started to get into cheeses lately, would definitely love to try some authentic French and Italian cheeses.

Yes you would, my friend, yes you would. :D

I strongly advice anyone intersted in European gastronomy to have a trip here: I can very proudly say that, as far as history, food, wine and other liquors are of interest, we can offer a top experience anywere you'd choose to go. I think @pet' can confirm that!

Also, there was a post in a blog of a very nice US girl who has lived for some years in Bologna (the place I'm from and where I live), noticing that, although we have such a deep and vast food culture and carbs are almost all over the place, Italians (in this particular case) tend to be lean. Maybe not fit, but lean anyways. Somehow related to this post, I always thought that this is because of a relatively low consumption of processed foods.

In a World Cup Food final I'd reckon France would beat Italy, only after extra time and penalties though. A close call. 5-4. The decisive goal being scored by a tartiflette.
In third place would be Spain. The US and Scotland would not get through the qualifiers and England would be knocked out by Germany, on penalties, obviously, in the early rounds. Mexico would do well but struggle with team selection, having too many similar positions and limited ingredients. But France would be champions, drinking fine champagne from the trophy before having an extended celebratory lunch!

India must have forgot to enter. Think they could have made it to the final.......

In a World Cup Food final I'd reckon France would beat Italy, only after extra time and penalties though. A close call. 5-4. The decisive goal being scored by a tartiflette.

I'd have to say it would be the other way around, perhaps with the one player to miss the penalty being the only French player on that team who currently played....(drum roll please)... in Italy.

[plays Fratelli d'Italia internally] Nice to know! I'm full blooded, and yes: French and us defintely know our way around in a kitchen!

Also, there was a post in a blog of a very nice US girl who has lived for some years in Bologna (the place I'm from and where I live), noticing that, although we have such a deep and vast food culture and carbs are almost all over the place, Italians (in this particular case) tend to be lean. Maybe not fit, but lean anyways. Somehow related to this post, I always thought that this is because of a relatively low consumption of processed foods.

After spending almost a month in small town Italy a few years ago, I have to agree. Lots of carbs, but I found so many healthy behaviours to offset this. In my family's case, my nonna's cousin (of her and her husband I stayed with), she walked up and down a fairly good sized hill every single morning to get fresh bread and cheese for the day. Fruit grown on the property eaten almost every single day, fresh vegetables.

I wonder too if certain populations, due to high carb intake, may be more genetically inclined to handle carbohydrates in a better fashion. I am able to keep around 8-10% body fat quite easily and I eat a good portion of carbs at almost every meal. Granted, I have many many healthy eating/physical behaviours to offset this, but I feel there must be a link somewhere

Hello,

Lots of tribes in southern America (for instance) run high carb diet (fruits and legumes / vegetables) and some proteins too. Med analysis show they are in perfect health good HDL / LDL ratio, good HR, etc...

Tribes in Alaska or northern Russia run high fat diet and some proteins. They also have very good health.

In their cases, their body must be used to run with "only fat" or "only carbs" but not necessarily a mix of them. Nonetheless I admit that they are not sedentary at all.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I'd have to say it would be the other way around, perhaps with the one player to miss the penalty being the only French player on that team who currently played....(drum roll please)... in Italy.

After spending almost a month in small town Italy a few years ago, I have to agree. Lots of carbs, but I found so many healthy behaviours to offset this. In my family's case, my nonna's cousin (of her and her husband I stayed with), she walked up and down a fairly good sized hill every single morning to get fresh bread and cheese for the day. Fruit grown on the property eaten almost every single day, fresh vegetables.

I wonder too if certain populations, due to high carb intake, may be more genetically inclined to handle carbohydrates in a better fashion. I am able to keep around 8-10% body fat quite easily and I eat a good portion of carbs at almost every meal. Granted, I have many many healthy eating/physical behaviours to offset this, but I feel there must be a link somewhere
I just saw a chart comparing the % calories from various food sources from 1982 to 2012. Grain didn't change, but sugar did. So "carb" has to be differentiated between glucose and fructose. I think in these countries quality glucose carbs like rice have been replaced with white flour products (higher insulin spike), and massively more amounts of sugar (specifically fructose).

I believe the stat was we are designed and adapted to handle 12-24g of fructose a day (a few raw fruits), but the average now is 80g (without the other benefits of fruit - fiber, vitamins, slower to digest, more diluted), with some well over 100g or 25% of daily calories from fructose!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom