all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Fat loss and what program next?

Thanks @Geoff Neupert and everyone for all the great input and advice.

I’ll utilize Giant 3.0 with Push Presses to get up to a true 5RM w/ the 24’s for the C&P. Then I’ll move into the strength phase of STRONG to get up to a 10RM with the 24’s. (After that if schedule has lightened up I’ll run THE WOLF before going into next phase.)

Next phase I’ll do the longer hypertrophy cycle in STRONG with the 24’s or I’ll run GIANT1.0-1.2 &2.0. After that I’ll perform RM tests with the 24’s and with 32’s, assess and go from there.

I’ll be dialing in my diet this month. Protein consumption is never a problem; but I don’t know if I consistently get enough fat for optimal horomonal health. So I’ll lock in daily protein and fat macros and build out diet from there. I’lol ear deficit on non-lifting days and eat maintenance on lifting days. I’ll further create caloric deficit with walking on inclined treadmill (staying in Zone 2) right after waking for 35min minimum daily (I’ll play around with using my plate carrier on and off doing this.)

As far as horomones go…
1.5 yrs ago my hormonal health and circadian rhythm were a mess (as to be expected from several years of not taking care of myself like I should and working so much shift work/non traditional work hours.) I had bloodwork done and my testosterone was in the bottom of the “healthy” range, but definitely not near optimal.
It has improved through a combination of resetting circadian rhythm, compound lifting, losing some excess fat, eating Whole Foods/dropping processed foods, all but outright elimination of alcohol (3 occasions last year and NOT to excess), and supplementation. I have another blood panel getting done at the end of the year and will make more adjustments as needed. I have considered TRT/HRT…. Not opposed but am more conservative by nature and want to see how much I can improve just through a few years of proper lifestyle adjustments.

I’ll report back with results if people are interested after completing the path listed above with the 24’s. Thanks again all for your input and support!

Great job, so far @gatorbait!

The answer depends on your time and energy levels.

Little time and need to conserve energy?

Go with 'THE GIANT,' or Kettlebell STRONG! will work nicely.

Little time but more than enough energy?

Use 'EASY MUSCLE' Schedule B or one of the MKM programs.

Have time and energy?

Use any of the Kettlebell Burn programs.

And a high protein diet with a mild caloric deficit always helps for getting leaner.
@Geoff Neupert This is so useful. Where would you position RMF on this scale?

Thanks @Geoff Neupert and everyone for all the great input and advice.

I’ll utilize Giant 3.0 with Push Presses to get up to a true 5RM w/ the 24’s for the C&P. Then I’ll move into the strength phase of STRONG to get up to a 10RM with the 24’s. (After that if schedule has lightened up I’ll run THE WOLF before going into next phase.)

Next phase I’ll do the longer hypertrophy cycle in STRONG with the 24’s or I’ll run GIANT1.0-1.2 &2.0. After that I’ll perform RM tests with the 24’s and with 32’s, assess and go from there.

I’ll be dialing in my diet this month. Protein consumption is never a problem; but I don’t know if I consistently get enough fat for optimal horomonal health. So I’ll lock in daily protein and fat macros and build out diet from there. I’lol ear deficit on non-lifting days and eat maintenance on lifting days. I’ll further create caloric deficit with walking on inclined treadmill (staying in Zone 2) right after waking for 35min minimum daily (I’ll play around with using my plate carrier on and off doing this.)

As far as horomones go…
1.5 yrs ago my hormonal health and circadian rhythm were a mess (as to be expected from several years of not taking care of myself like I should and working so much shift work/non traditional work hours.) I had bloodwork done and my testosterone was in the bottom of the “healthy” range, but definitely not near optimal.
It has improved through a combination of resetting circadian rhythm, compound lifting, losing some excess fat, eating Whole Foods/dropping processed foods, all but outright elimination of alcohol (3 occasions last year and NOT to excess), and supplementation. I have another blood panel getting done at the end of the year and will make more adjustments as needed. I have considered TRT/HRT…. Not opposed but am more conservative by nature and want to see how much I can improve just through a few years of proper lifestyle adjustments.

I’ll report back with results if people are interested after completing the path listed above with the 24’s. Thanks again all for your input and support!

Here's a little tweak I used for strong summer last year

Ran a hybrid of PH2 using the double clean and push press but kept rest no longer than a minute between sets for anything under 5 reps and 1.5 minutes for 6 rep sets

My overall conditioning went well and since I was eating in a calorie deficit, I actually dropped to roughly the condition I had 10 years ago while prepping for my level 1 cert..

Managed this juggling work, family, having a kid so it's definitely manageable..

You got this.. just choose small habits you can start with to build momentum and let it stockpile vs running out the gates swinging only to lose steam in a month or two

After a couple of weeks of GIANT 3.0 w/ push pressing double uneven bells ( a 16kg and a 24kg) I was feeling frisky and did double 24kg C& MP with double 24’s…. To my surprise I did 5 strict reps (had at least one more rep but didn’t think form would be great.) So I decided to jump into KB STRONG cycle 1 and THE ONE 2x2 split; as stated earlier I want some more recomp fat loss before the summer comes so I thought the split with adding THE ONE program would be a smart move here.

Here is my question for @GeoffNeupert or anyone who has run both the GIANT and STRONG programs…..

[Assuming I hit a solid 10RM in the C&P at the end of STRONG cycle 1 (and I’ve hit my fat loss goal) I want to focus on HYPERTROPHY]

Which program is better for most people in regards to gaining lean muscle mass; STRONG cycle 2 SLOW & STEADY or THE GIANT 1.0-1.2 and 2.0?

Is RMF a standalone program to be purchased on its own or is it a small part in one of the "collections" like the year long WOD routines ?

EDIT : Found it, link for those who like me didn't know what it is ......... Kettlebell R.M.F.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom