all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Favourite Radio Station / Show

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
I am sick at home and browsing the web for great radio stations to stream via TuneIn on my Bose SoundTouch. Usually I listen to my own Spotify playlists which usually feature various genres.

And I realize there are more stations available these days than I care to try. So maybe you could share your favourite stations or even shows?

Here are mine:
Classical: WKSU 3 Classical (great station! Not too mainstream or too soft)
Reggae/Dancehall: David Rodigan Show on BBC 1xtra
Jazz: so far "Radio Swiss Jazz", but there have to be better stations (less dinner jazz)

I would be interested in recommendations for
  • Baroque (I love J.S. Bach, Vivaldi or Zelenka for concentrating)
  • Jazz
  • Reggae
  • Dancehall
  • HipHop (more 90s flavors, but some Trap is fine. I love those beats by Primo, Dre, Neptunes, RZA, Statik Selektah, or Marco Polo)
  • Country/Folk (no Shania Twain, more stuff like Alison Krauss, Dan Tyminski, the Wood Brothers, Gillian Welch, Eilen Jewell, the Pierces)
Let's see where this goes :)

PS: As I live in Germany the night and morning hours of airplay are more relevant to me when it comes to American stations (~6-9 hours of time difference).

A big +1 for WFUV, the radio station based at Fordham University.

If you like Allison Kraus, you might also like Kate Rusby, who is one of the authentic gems in folk music - original, interesting arrangements and original compositions that all stay very close to their roots.

Another original thinker in the world of music is Chris Thile, who has played with all sorts of famous people including Allison Kraus and Yo Yo Ma, and who has his own program called Live From Here. Again, roots in folk traditions.

-S-

Not music at all. But I highly recommend the radio show "quirks and quarks". It's produced by the CBC and can be streamed via podcast in most places that have podcasts.

It's all about the latest science/research. It's my go-to when driving in the car.

SiriusXM:
  • Outlaw Country
  • Grateful Dead Channel
  • Little Stephens Underground Garage
Terrestrial:
  • KXCI

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom