all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Feedback on training/programming

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ramblingjon

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi there, generally a lurker and reader with very rare comments. However i was hoping for some feedback on programming.

Firstly some background (apologies if too long winded):

Male, 43, 1.76m, ~ 85 kg, body composition, estimated @~15%

Injury history: nothing hurts when i lift, kneel down etc

Movement history: havent had a movement screen, but feel i move alright

Sports/competition history: growing up i played soccer, rugby union, cricket, australian rules football, touch rugby. Live in Calgary now and do a bit of winter sports (trying!) and between work and two young kids i just do my training "practice" mainly.

Training background - did the typical split weights routine and running etc between 23 and 36 years old. Got into crossfit type training, sort of fell out of the whole hype with it all, which i wont go into but lets say i just lost enjoyment pretty quickly.

Aways enjoyed kettlebells and bodyweight stuff so when i moved to Calgary got some more kettlebells and a pull up rig, have some rings. typically train between 4 to 6 times a week, depending on program and feel and time. I also work away occasionally and either mix it up bodyweight wise or if KBs try to do something there.

KB training (2014 till now) - did ETK with the 16kg and pull ups, bought SS and did SS with 16kg then 24kg then 32 kg, form issues throughout. got in contact with an SFG in Edmonton did some online training/form check. went back to 16kg, then 24kg and then 32kg again. just completed ETK with the 24kg and am currently into the 3rd week of the kettlebell shred program (doing double 24kg for MP and FSQ), 16kg for weighted ring pull ups and 32kg for two handed swings. I located an SFG in Calgary who i caught up with and went through some form checks and some queries one on one versus email/youtube. Ultimately i will attend the one day kettlebell course, hopefully next year.

FWIW - max pulls ups seem to range from 11 to 14, max ring dips vary from 15 to 18.

Anyway, the reason i chose the 4 week program i am currently doing is that this will take me to my departure for a 7 week trip back to Australia, xmas, catch ups etc. and the programming i wanted feedback on is for during this period.

I was going to concentrate on getting the naked warrior one armed push up and pistol doing GTG. The question i have is i was wondering if i incorporated pull ups (as i like and always want to improve) how it would be suggested to do this: additional GTG style or do a specific number (i saw in another thread where it was suggested to throw in 3x5 (preferably weighted pullups into the mix)). At this stage i am unsure if i will be able to sort out any weighted pull ups due to locations etc.

Anyway pretty long winded for a pretty short question, but some background is probably relevant. Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

I was going to concentrate on getting the naked warrior one armed push up and pistol doing GTG. The question i have is i was wondering if i incorporated pull ups (as i like and always want to improve) how it would be suggested to do this: additional GTG style or do a specific number (i saw in another thread where it was suggested to throw in 3x5 (preferably weighted pullups into the mix)).
GTG for three exercises might be a bit too much - I like the idea of working pullups on a more conventional schedule a few times a week, then GTG a la Naked Warrior.

-S-

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback, this was what i was thinking based on other comments/threads.

cheers

Jon

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom