all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Few weeks S&S 2, significant loss of size. Normal?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Yesterday, I've done the short chest "hypertrophy" exercise you've shared with me. Today I've done biceps. I can feel a bit of soreness in the chest from yesterday, but it's minor. I'll try that for a couple of weeks and assess if it's overkill or if I keep it (esp while waiting to upgrade to 32kg).
Keep in mind that rushing to the 32 might be a bad idea. It can take a while to get there, in particular the one arm swings. If you progress faster than you should it can bring problems.

@Pocketboy
Mate it seems that you had what I call “beach muscles”. You’ve started s&s & that gives you what i think is “useful muscle”. From experience the later is far more beneficial cause ya can do stuff with it. Beach muscle looks good walking around but that’s about it. Useful muscle looks good too if ya not into more is better, but the difference is it’s also very handy in just about any situation you can think of.
You need to decide wether ya want to look like Tarzan & play like Jane (excluding all the strongfirst Jane’s. Sorry ladies it’s a saying, I didn’t make it up). Or look like Tarzan & play like Tarzan (or strongfirst Jane’s. @Anna C is legitimately stronger than me).

Yes I was absolutely focusing on hypertrophy since the beginning and never deviated. Also I was proponent of very short rest, and going to failure as much as possible, again and again and again.

With more research I came across studies showing that the rate of strenght increase linked with hypertrophy is slow and plateau quickly.

This is why I got hooked by Pavel's contribution on Joe Rogan's podcast. I can really use a program to ramp up of my strenght and learn how to move and stabilize my body while generating powerful motion.

Hi Pocketboy,

I am quite new in here. Was reading a lot but not posting.

When you mentioned IF I just think it can be a water you have dropped. Fasting your body is having less glicogen in your muscles and you tend to drop water.
Very often the muscle flattering effect is when people start keto or low carbs diet. I am not an expert but I think that could be a reason.
It is not possible to lose muscles in such a short time.

My goals is to be able to improve my overall strength (I have never been as strong as I looked) , maintain an athletic physique,
This is why I got hooked by Pavel's contribution on Joe Rogan's podcast. I can really use a program to ramp up of my strenght and learn how to move and stabilize my body while generating powerful motion

It seems to me you want to get stronger and maintain most of your muscle while getting the mobility, power and "muscle link" of kettlebells.

S&S has a option of doing it two days a week while you do other things. Why not do a powerlifting program 2 days a week (i.e. squat/bench one day and deadlift/bench another day), and do S&S the other two days.

That would maintain the most muscle, gain strength, and give you benefits of kettlebell training.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom