all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Fibromyalgia

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Luís Miguel Pinheiro

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi there,

My wife has fibromyalgia and I am wondering if there is any bodyweight regimen that fits her condition. Could you recommend me something for a period of 30 to 40 minutes, or Grease the Groove will suffice?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Hi Luis,
as someone who suffers (/ed) from a mild form of fibro, I would not do too intense workouts. How bad feels your wife?
Nutrition was and actually still is the most important part (to me) to improve the disease. Swimming helped me a lot.
Swings with lighter weight were okay most of the times. Now, I can go harder, but always have to listen to my body and watch my nutrition. If I am stressed and under tension, a harder workout will cause pain, bad sleep and sluggishness, on some days it does not.
Good luck and best wishes to your wife.

Last edited:
Hi elli,

Thank you very much. My wife suffers from a mild form also...It appears GTG applies as it tends to avoid muscle failure.

All the best

A friend of mine who has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia has studied Buteyko breathing techniques with me and reports good results. I recommend a "soft" practice, something the opposite of stressful. Many kinds of qi gong, tai chi, yoga, etc., could help.

-S-

My girls has had fibro for many years and two things have really helped her: 1)going gluten free 2)moving from NY to FL as the winters up north were really tough on her.

She still has muscle/joint pain but much less of it and can strength train ~2 days per week

@Luís Miguel Pinheiro, I don't know that this is relevant to your situation but I'll mention it, anyway, since we seem to be throwing out "this could make you healthier" kinds of things, and it's related to the gluten-free idea just mentioned.

I was reading that malted barley flour is an ingredient in many commercial baked goods, and that it contains tannins - tannins cause a reaction in some people. The solution is to not go gluten-free but rather to bake only with wheat flour and be sure the flour you buy does not have a small portion of malted barley flour in it. And I was reading this because I was eating something that contained malted barley flour on the ingredients list and it was delicious, so I looked it up to learn more.

-S-

Thank You Mr. Steve Freides. That is very kind. Malted barley flour is to be avoided. We avoid purchasing processed food. For example, we make our own bread...

All the best

LP

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom