all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Fighter pull up and additionaly exercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

adidiii

Level 4 Valued Member
When I do fighter pull up program can I add some other back exercises for example dumbbell rowing (you know, for mass gains)? And in which day I can perform it?

Hello,

The fighter pull up program is not especially built for mass gain. It mainly focused on strength and endurance. Of course, you will win a little of muscle mass, but only "a few".

If you want to workout out your back, you can add push ups with elevated feet (workout the core) and also dips (upper back) (this one is not "compulsory"). For the abs / back, you can try hanging leg raises (if your shoulders can handle it after pull ups / push ups / dips) or simply leg raises (when you're lying on the floor) or dragon flags.

In all cases, you can use the same progression principle as in the fighter pull up program.

Kind regards,

Pet'

If you can do 17 or 18 PU and haven't tried weighted pullups yet, I highly recommend them. You can alternate cycles of weighted and unweighted - for weighted, treat it like strength training and, e.g., do ladders to 5 with an 8-10RM weight.

-S-

Hello,

Is there a ratio between our current max reps unweighted pull ups and a load to do this program ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Edit: my PR of unweighted strict pull ups is 28 (my weight is 60kg)

Hello,

Is there a ratio between our current max reps unweighted pull ups and a load to do this program ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Edit: my PR of unweighted strict pull ups is 28 (my weight is 60kg)

It depends.. what is your goal to begin with?

but it does give me a quick result in increasing the number of pull ups. I want to quickly reach 25 reps.

You mentioned you wanted to add mass correct? Keep the goal as the goal.. you can worry about higher rep pullups later on

Hello,

I can currently do 28 reps but I would like to reach 35 strict reps. I am almost there but I have some difficulties to increase my PR now.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Have you considered doing multiple sets of 12-15 pullups?

Hello,

Yes, that is what I did untril now. It worked well. Nevertheless I was just wondering if FPP'd work better ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Yes, that is what I did untril now. It worked well. Nevertheless I was just wondering if FPP'd work better ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Both work. The goal is to expand your comfort zone and make your 60-80% easier

Hello,

Thanks. Thus, I will test for a while the FPP with a 5RM, to see how it works.

Kind regards,

Pet'

If you're on a program that's delivering results, stay with it. If not, try an alternative.

Weighted pullup work, particularly for someone who hasn't done it before, can help break through a bodyweight-only-for-max-reps plateau. A cycle of it is good, but even an odd day here and there can help.

-S-

Hello,

I do pull ups for a while now. My current 'method' works. I will consider your advice and I'll keep my current process.
I will write the results in my training log if you wish.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom