all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Fighter Pull-Up Program Completion and Retest

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JCavin

Level 4 Valued Member
I just completed my first round and retest of the fighter pull-up program with great results.

Here's some background information on my current training to give you an idea of how it works for any program.

I basically started training for a marathon at the same time as the FPP. It's my first full marathon, and my running volume was 0. I was 186lbs, could do 6 strict overhand pullups, and alternating Simple and Sinister and running days.

Starting stats:
Weight - 186lbs
Max Pullups - 6
Max aerobic run distance - 1.5 miles
S&S Swing weight: 24kg
S&S TGU weight: 32kg
Max ring dip: 6
Max pistols: 0
Max standard pushup: 14
Max incline pushup: 12

I listed these stats to show that there was quite a lot of moving parts to my programming, not only the FPP, and how well it works even under my high level of stress. I am a supervisor over a small repair crew of a shoe repair shop, I have 4 kids under 10 years old, one of which is 8 months old and teething. That means very little uninterrupted sleep.

Weight - 178lbs
Max Pullups - 6 w/ 20# weight vest
Max aerobic run distance - 8 miles
S&S Swing weight: 32kg
S&S TGU weight: 36kg
Max ring dip: 10
Max pistols: 1
Max standard pushup: 26
Max incline pushup: 24

As you can see, this program works almost DESPITE what else you are currently doing. I've lost weight, gained strength, and gained a favorable body composition in the process.

The Fighter Pull-Up Program freakin' works ya'll.

Wow you made all these gains in 1 month? That’s impressive!

Have you tested your max strict pull ups at body weight?

Wow you made all these gains in 1 month? That’s impressive!

Have you tested your max strict pull ups at body weight?

I haven’t. It’s a mental thing, really. I don’t want to test my max bw pull-ups until I’ve done a couple rounds with the weighted vest.

I am really curious, but I kind of see it like testing out my bench press before I’ve spent a couple months training my base level of strength. I don’t want the initial test to impact my mental game for the later test. If that makes any sense.

I just completed my first round and retest of the fighter pull-up program with great results.

Here's some background information on my current training to give you an idea of how it works for any program.

I basically started training for a marathon at the same time as the FPP. It's my first full marathon, and my running volume was 0. I was 186lbs, could do 6 strict overhand pullups, and alternating Simple and Sinister and running days.

Starting stats:
Weight - 186lbs
Max Pullups - 6
Max aerobic run distance - 1.5 miles
S&S Swing weight: 24kg
S&S TGU weight: 32kg
Max ring dip: 6
Max pistols: 0
Max standard pushup: 14
Max incline pushup: 12

I listed these stats to show that there was quite a lot of moving parts to my programming, not only the FPP, and how well it works even under my high level of stress. I am a supervisor over a small repair crew of a shoe repair shop, I have 4 kids under 10 years old, one of which is 8 months old and teething. That means very little uninterrupted sleep.

Weight - 178lbs
Max Pullups - 6 w/ 20# weight vest
Max aerobic run distance - 8 miles
S&S Swing weight: 32kg
S&S TGU weight: 36kg
Max ring dip: 10
Max pistols: 1
Max standard pushup: 26
Max incline pushup: 24

As you can see, this program works almost DESPITE what else you are currently doing. I've lost weight, gained strength, and gained a favorable body composition in the process.

The Fighter Pull-Up Program freakin' works ya'll.
Congratulations! How many sessions per week did you do?

Interesting.

What did your non-pullup programming, particularly your run programming, look like? Were you using a heart rate monitor?

Interesting.

What did your non-pullup programming, particularly your run programming, look like? Were you using a heart rate monitor?

I no longer use a heart rate monitor. I used to do a lot of Maffetone style running, and I still do to some extent, but I prefer to run more by feel. I use the queues that Stu Mittleman propounds in his book instead. I stay aerobic most days as I feel like S&S gives me enough anaerobic conditioning.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom