all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Fighter Pull-Up Program For More Than Pull-Ups

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JohnDoeman

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello All,

New to the threads but not to the blogs. I wonder if anyone had tried to utilize the Fighter Pull-Up Program for more than just pull-ups? I wanted to maybe do the program for pull-ups but also add-in a small full-body circuit following the same set/rep scheme (adjusted for current ability). For example, I would do the pull-ups, then add either handstand push-ups or one arm push-ups with pistols (or the progressions I am able to perform). Any thoughts on whether this would be an effective program? I believe it will be but I may be missing something here so just making certain.

Thanks!

Ther is no magic behind the Pavels (?) programing principle and the progressions have been used earlier. See Doug Hepburn for reference.

My nephew who is powerlifting used Dougs progression with great success.

Well that all seems encouraging. While I am still trying to drop weight I am coming to reality that I may never drop any weight (but instead only change body composition). So I would like to program my workouts to maximize my strength and such in calisthenics despite my weight. I am aware it won't be as impressive as anyone who is maybe 100lbs lighter, but it will be sufficient for my needs. Much appreciated!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom