all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Fighter pull-up program in other program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Luigib

Level 3 Valued Member
How do you know if you can start the fighter pull-up program? And how can we have our training? Knowing that I do a full body program, three times a week, in calhistenia.
Luigib, cordially to you.

You can start the program as soon as you have multiple Pullup reps.
Pullups can be done on off days if the other three are loaded pretty full or add them to those three days of training. But pull-ups can also be done in GTG format

@Karen Smith
Thank you very much for the reply! I'm working chin-ups with my training, and I'm wondering if I can change my grip and do pull-ups right away to start the fighter pull-ups program? And I was doing 3x3 chin-up reps, but my max is 7-8 if I want, so what do you recommend? Do I continue with low volume 3 times a week increasing or can I start fighter pull-ups for a month and see what it does to me? Is it wise?
Sincerely, Luigib.

Ditto on the GTG pull ups. Be careful with high volume pull ups as without slow, mindful training and small increases, Tennis and or golfers elbow is right around the corner.

Ditto on the GTG pull ups. Be careful with high volume pull ups as without slow, mindful training and small increases, Tennis and or golfers elbow is right around the corner.
Which one of these is on the inside of the elbow like closer to your ribs?
i unknowingly got stronger doing ROP and tried one day and could bust out 5x1,2,3,4,5 chin ups with the 16kg but I noticed after a week or two I was getting pain on the inside of my elbow... is it just the volume with the weight or is there a way to mitigate this?

i unknowingly got stronger doing ROP and tried one day and could bust out 5x1,2,3,4,5 chin ups with the 16kg but I noticed after a week or two I was getting pain on the inside of my elbow... is it just the volume with the weight or is there a way to mitigate this?
Golfer. Maybe too much too soon. Adding finger/wrist/forearm stretching/mobility could help.

Oh thank you I understand better yes, or working with pumps at the fingertips, or sheathing at the fingertips too. And for chin-ups with the rings is it much better to avoid future injuries to the elbows, shoulders?

Oh thank you I understand better yes, or working with pumps at the fingertips, or sheathing at the fingertips too. And for chin-ups with the rings is it much better to avoid future injuries to the elbows, shoulders?
Many people finding doing pull-ups on rings to be easier on their elbows and shoulders yes...

@Karen Smith
Thank you very much for the reply! I'm working chin-ups with my training, and I'm wondering if I can change my grip and do pull-ups right away to start the fighter pull-ups program? And I was doing 3x3 chin-up reps, but my max is 7-8 if I want, so what do you recommend? Do I continue with low volume 3 times a week increasing or can I start fighter pull-ups for a month and see what it does to me? Is it wise?
Sincerely, Luigib.
I would Stay lower volume and do weighted Pullups for Fighter Pullup program .

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom