all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Fighter pull up program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dcp

Level 3 Valued Member
Good morning to all
Is it acceptable to grease the groove with the fighter pull up program?
Specifically, completing the prescribed reps over the course of an entire day.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

You can. I don't think doing it that way however qualifies for it to be called FPP any more. It really just becomes GTG. Either way, you are going to benefit from doing pull-ups. (Depending upon your goals of course)
If you are training for something that requires a lot of pull-up strength and endurance over a short time I would stick to FPP as it is written.

Thanks to all !
If you do all the reps at once, what is a good rest period between sets ?
Thanks again !

I can't recall what is written (if anything) in the official programme.
Personally, the few times I have run the programme, I used 3 min when I did it with bodyweight; 4 min when I did it weighted.

Important in my view is doing each rep strictly and with good form; not the rest time (within reason)

I’ve used the FPP both ways - getting all sets in in one workout and also spreading them out over the course of a day (especially as the reps get higher). When getting them all into the same workout, I usually “rest” with other work. In the end it often ends up leading a circuit of sorts.

For example: 1 set of pull ups, pistol squat practice, OAPU practice, 10 1-handed swings alt arms EMOM for 10 min. Then start round two with pull ups again. Depending on what I’m doing in that day’s workout, my rest between pull up sets may be anywhere from 3-15 minutes.

And I may be wrong but I feel like GTG tends to be more 1 or 2 reps each time throughout the day versus the specific reps prescribed with FPP.

Of course the hardest part of spreading them out over the course of the day is remembering how many sets and what reps you’ve already done.

And I may be wrong but I feel like GTG tends to be more 1 or 2 reps each time throughout the day versus the specific reps prescribed with FPP.
GTG for reps is typically 50% max reps in sets spread throughout the day. FPP is essentially a max or near-max effort followed by a few backoff sets - very different.

-S-

I do all sets in one workout and it's good. But I started third week from 10-9-8-7-6 rep/set scheme. Two more weeks to go and my question is should I continue adding one rep to sets or switch to 12-10-8-6-4 scheme from next week?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom