all posts post new thread

Fighter pullup program progression

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

lais817

Level 7 Valued Member
This log is to record my progress through the Fighter Pullup Program (The Fighter Pullup Program Revisited | StrongFirst) while getting on top of my intermittent elbow pain, which I've narrowed down to a tight/poorly conditioned long head of the triceps.

Results so far:
12/6/22 - New RM of 10 @BW after a month of flu, Covid and interrupted training. I really did enjoy the "do this to achieve this" style of program. Suits my training personality and "body awareness" if you will.

My end goal is to be ready to complete ROP once I hit Simple at the end of '22, with pullup ladders supersetted with C&P ladders. I also have a lack of overhead mobility in my LHS in particular, I believe this practice wil help fix that as well.

Current stats:
34yo, 174cm, 68kg. Pullup RM 5-6, Chins 7-8
Working in the 24kg at 4 sets in S&S for swings, 4/4 for TGU.

As chins don't irritate my elbow, and give me what feels like a better lat stretch/activation, I am going to run through the first 2 weeks with chins, and go from there.

Going with the 3RM program to "ease into it", as I have a tendency to go too hard too fast. Others have had sucess in the past with starting this far from their RM, see Bodyweight - Starting FPP /fighter pullup program with "submaximal" load

Last edited:
7/5/22 FPP 3RM Day1

Foam roller on side upper chest, lacrose ball in back of shoulder. Pavel's Shoulder blade and Lat stretch from Relax into Stretch.

Last edited:
8/5/22 FPP 3RM DAY2
3,2,1,1 Chinups
Lacrose ball in back of LHS shoulder before bed. Door stretch during day.

Upper / mid back feeling a little tight, assume from actually getting some work in the last week or so after adding pullups to my S&S warm up
Felt better after stretching.

9/5/22 FPP 3RM DAY3
3,2,2,1 Chins
Door stretch.

Played around with doing some Scap pullups (from dead hang to "packed"), felt some stretch in triceps. Not sure on how to program these into the progression, might do 5 per each FPP set and see how we go.

10/5/22 0700-0820
FPP 3RM DAY #4
5 Scap pull ups after each set.
Pavel's shoulder and lat stretch x1 cycle directly after.

Doing chins with an arched back to maximise Lat activation, chest held yo bar for 1 sec at top

Zero progress last few days, the whole family has been wiped out by some kind of virus, will try again when we're all back up again.

All right, after having the local strain of influenza flatten the entire family, last week, today I feel almost back to myself again.

The only thing I managed to do without feeling like I was building some kind of recovery debt was to get the thin yellow band out and do some "Standing 1 arm banded tricep kickbacks",
which feel amazing for my lower traps and lats.

3x 15ea side for the last few days, didn't really keep score.

Back to day 1.

Last edited:
16/5/22 1100
FPP 3RM - chinups.
5x scap pullups each set,

Few sets of 15 each side standing banded tricep kickbacks. 15 reps was almost to failure a few days ago, now feeling strong.

Last edited:
21/5/22 1000-1145
FPP 3RM chins
Day# 7(skipped rest day #6)
5-10 scap pullups each set

Skipped rest day today as I haven't been doing much else (no S&S) for the last few days.

Not experiencing heat/tearing sensation in triceps since trigger point massage in same. Good to work out what the issue was.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom