all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Fighter Pullup Question - After completion OK to keep training other exercises before pullup test?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NonStop

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi there,

I'm only a few days from completing the 5RM Fighter Pullup Program. Its going very well. However, I have a quick question. The program says "at the end of the month, take two or three days off and then test yourself".

Does it mean two or three days off completely from all other exercises, or two or three days off of doing pull-ups before running a test? I ask as I have been doing the fighter pullup program in conjunction with other exercises and plan to be finishing early in the week, and I would like to keep training other exercises. However, if it is very much encouraged to take 2-3 full days off I will do!

Thanks in advance.

I usually take it to mean:
  • easy days only; rest up and let the body rebuild
  • nothing at all in the target exercise
  • keep other exercise light to moderate with weight and volume well within your ability
In other words, you can exercise... but don't train.

Walking and other easy cardio will help you recover even better, so no need to sit on the couch for 3 days. :)

I usually take it to mean:
  • easy days only; rest up and let the body rebuild
  • nothing at all in the target exercise
  • keep other exercise light to moderate with weight and volume well within your ability
In other words, you can exercise... but don't train.

Walking and other easy cardio will help you recover even better, so no need to sit on the couch for 3 days. :)

Thank you for the informative reply. Given what you've said Im thinking of having one very light day in the gym and then one full day off before I do my pullup test.

The light day where I'm not properly training I am considering continuing my pttp cycle for overhead press as the weight is still pretty confortable, none of the target exercise of course and maybe some light lower body work. Sound ok?

Im thinking of having one very light day in the gym and then one full day off before I do my pullup test.

The light day where I'm not properly training I am considering continuing my pttp cycle for overhead press as the weight is still pretty confortable, none of the target exercise of course and maybe some light lower body work. Sound ok?

Yes, I think that sounds good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom