all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Fighting Applications of S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I view simple and sinister as a simple and reliable program for the average hobbyist in martial arts and for individuals who have a harder time recovering from martial arts training(never stuck with the program). Heavy kettlebell swings for me at times for the hinge pattern. I never have seen a 106 lbs kettlebell but I can only imagine being able to do 10×10 with 1 arm and how that would help double legs and a sprawl.

I'm guessing that's from your own experiences?

I'm guessing that's from your own experiences?
I never did stick with simple and sinister for long due BDD. But from what I remember the end of the workout felt much better than any weightlifting program with volume. But to be honest. Working up to double overhand double bodyweight deadlift is what I feel elevated my grappling strength the most but easier for me to get a little stiff off deadlifts. Kyokushin?

Coming from a past military and current LE position, my take is that both S&S and Q&D are extraordinarily good programs.
Time is of the essence with First Responders (not so much with Second Responders) working 10 and 12+ hour shifts. We dont have the time daily to spend an hour plus training.
Secondly, our training isnt for "sport". Yes, there is crossover and many MAs are very beneficial, but there's no tapping out on the street or in the jail/prison.
In hundreds of training, scenario and actual incidents I've never felt weaker than my opponent.
In fact, I've converted numerous 20-30 something officers to Pavel's simplified training methods.
S&S, Q&D and GTG pull ups using a heavy kb...32 to 48kg gives one plenty of strength.
Go at it with someone 1arm swinging a 48 and TGUing a 40+kg kettlebell after months of practice and see what you think.
BTW, Im 59 years with 15+ years of kb training behind me...practice builds resilience and strength. Refusal to be beaten isnt a motto, it's a necessity in LE.

I never did stick with simple and sinister for long due BDD. But from what I remember the end of the workout felt much better than any weightlifting program with volume. But to be honest. Working up to double overhand double bodyweight deadlift is what I feel elevated my grappling strength the most but easier for me to get a little stiff off deadlifts. Kyokushin?

Ah makes sense.
I compete in Kyokushin and all of its off spins (Sabaki and Shidokan) and K1.

I found that when I did a lot of barbell work that I was sometimes too sore to get the most out of my sport work. More than likely a result of bad programming.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom