all posts post new thread

Nutrition Fighting Diabetes With Diet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Woot! Great work Bonkin! The walking and extra sleep are huge for weightloss. This year I stopped my aimless strolling to let a swollen nerve heal. Stress and less sleep followed and put on 10 lbs of fat. :(

Enjoy the new and better life you're building!

Exercise, especially whole body strength training can have a significant impact on type II diabetes. For one, muscle produces interleukin-6 when you exercise. This reduces systemic inflammation, which is linked to diabetes. Second, exercise sensitizes the muscle insulin receptor so that it works better. That way you get more glucose clearance with the same amount of insulin. Exercise also moves the GLUT-4 (glucose receptor) to the surface of the muscle cell so that it can clear blood glucose. Daily exercise is really important for type II diabetics for this reason.

Weight loss also helps quite a bit. Abdominal fat produces inflammatory cytokines, which can cause insulin resistance (and other chronic disease issues).

. Daily exercise is really important for type II diabetics for this reason.

Weight loss also helps quite a bit. Abdominal fat produces inflammatory cytokines, which can cause insulin resistance (and other chronic disease issues).
Good to know. I have insulin resistance and soon type II diabetes, if I don't lose weight quickly. Thanks for information.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom