all posts post new thread

Old Forum Finally, a reason to like Black Friday.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I purchased to audio book through audible.com and listened to it last night.  This has everything laid out for you to succeed.  I will be starting the program today!  Listening to Pavel read the book was excellent.  Really brings a personal touch to it.

I was about to download the kindle app for my phone so I could order the kindle version. Oh well, the book version is only two days away.

Given the extraordinarily low price, I decided it was a case of buy first & ask questions later.

I got the Kindle version as well and completely agree that it'd be nice if the TOC was hyperlink.   However if that doesn't happen with this version, we do have the option of adding bookmarks.   If we really wanted to we could create our own hyperlinked TOC this way to quickly navigate to whatever we want.

For those that don't have a physical Kindle reader, you can get an app like others have mentioned to read on your phone or tablet.  You can also read your Kindle books in a browser by going to http://read.amazon.com.   This is how I read S&S while I'm at work.  :)

Mark, thanks for reminding us about the Foundation of Strength DVD.  I am currently reading the section describing the TGU step by step and got a little lost.  Not that the description is lacking in any way.  I'm the problem.  DVD should help in that regard.

Thanks to Pavel and Mark for making this happen.  I think we've all been waiting for new material from the source.  You did not disappoint.  Also thanks for the reasonable prices.

Just downloaded the kindle version from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Kettlebell-Simple-Sinister-Pavel-Tsatsouline-ebook/dp/B00GF2HP9G/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1385571669&sr=1-1&keywords=simple+and+sinister

Sounds good.

Honest question, if I have BB, ETK, RKC book and ES, is there anything new in this book for me?

Just got it.  The table of contents appears to by hyperlinked.  Haven't had a chance to dig into the content yet.

I just have to know, will the book be available to us Canadians? I am on the fence about getting the kindle version. I know it's only ten dollars, but thats ten dollars towards the actual book.

Rigor Mortis: fair question.  The book has a new warm up routine that makes more sense than the one in ETK, in my opinion.  The section on breathing is brand new, so far as I can tell, and has some great drills.

If you are looking for groundbreaking material, this is not it.  This is a simplified, streamlined presentation of the Program Minimum which strips out all unnecessary variables.  Think of it as an update to ETK's PM.  There is new material, but certainly not a new approach.

I have ETK, RCK, and ROTK.  This book is worth the $10 price tag.

I will second Steve's post, but I'm also really excited about this book not just for my own use but because it is something I can recommend both to out of shape people, and athletes who want to know how to incorporate kettlebells into their training.

Can I incorporate the new program with barbell, say a squat(or a deadlift) and a press, like how we do 2 weeks PM, 2 week PTTP blocks or other ways?

Over the last couple of years with more research, application its become apparent just how good the Getup and the Swing are for Strength and conditioning. And they pretty cover all the bases.

Soon as Pavel said two exercises in the ad I knew exactly it was these exercises.

Cant wait to have a read, I don't do this kindle crap, ill wait for a hardcopy thanks! :)

Toby, the program is written as a GPP program to add to your sport, martial art, tactical training, etc.  He recommends it for powerlifters, so I'm assuming that squatting will fit right in.

S&S can be used together with a strength training program, as Steve mentioned.

S&S is one of those inch wide, mile deep kind of thing - you can skim the surface and it'll work fine, or you can start digging, and the more you dig, the more you find. Simple doesn't mean shallow or somehow lacking either, it means efficient strength development. It's a total package GPP guide. If S&S is the standard of work for future SF titles then everyone is in for a treat. Can't recommend it highly enough, even if the reader knows everything.

Gave in and bought the kindle version last night. I have to say it, it's worth getting. You will notice bits and pieces from some of Pavels blog posts. Unlike ETK PM, this one has a simple progression. The only question I have is, I always thought it was grinds before ballistics? Keep up the great work Chief. We appreciate it.

I would also ask that you update the kindle edition to hyperlink the tables of contents. As I know it will be a go to reference this change is a must have.

The he book is great on my second read now!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom