all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Finger tap test for CNS.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
The DL session was not overly taxing. 1 x 5 @175lb for warmup, then 3 x 3 @ 200lb, all felt good, then 1 lift @ 235, 1 @ 250, both good, then 1 failed attempt @ 260lb (my current max is 250, PR is 260). Then 1 good one at 175 to finish with a good one. I may do a separate post about this... I am in need of advice on a few aspects.

But overall, yes, I'd say I finished fresh; did 20 sets of 5 A+A snatches w/ 20kg after DL, and still felt good... not spent by any means.

I just posted the DL video in my training log (linked)... would love to have any thoughts and feedback.

The DL session was not overly taxing. 1 x 5 @175lb for warmup, then 3 x 3 @ 200lb, all felt good, then 1 lift @ 235, 1 @ 250, both good, then 1 failed attempt @ 260lb (my current max is 250, PR is 260). Then 1 good one at 175 to finish with a good one. I may do a separate post about this... I am in need of advice on a few aspects.

But overall, yes, I'd say I finished fresh; did 20 sets of 5 A+A snatches w/ 20kg after DL, and still felt good... not spent by any means.

Hi @Anna C ,
I think this exactly the point and what @TravisDirks talked about. You finished fresh, in the words of Easy Strength you finished stronger than started, so higher CNS excitability is not that surprising.

I had the same experience this week (I hope to post a Training Log this weekend), I did deadlifts for 5-3-2 with 10kg increments between sets with light-moderate effort. My tapping was better after the session, and each set increased my vertical jump in 3-5cm. I assume an all-out session will reduce these numbers, I have first hand experience with the vertical jump going down.

That's right, Steve... but I think the explanation lies in what is lacking with my DL... As you suggested a while back, I am not lifting nearly what I am capable of. I got some great suggestions in my training log and will try some light easy practice with the bar today. I think what it boils down to is I don't know how to "wedge"...

If you've got DL video over there, please tag me and I'll be glad to have a look.

FWIW, I am absolutely loving the Daily Dose Deadlift, but in my experience, deadlifts and kettlebell snatches don't make a good combination - but maybe just the 5 lifts a day on the DDD would work with your A + A snatch training?

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom