all posts post new thread

Kettlebell First 48kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Buffalo

Level 5 Valued Member
So I'm finally back restarting s&s. Still working on 2h swings and getups with the 24kg. But I saw a 48kg bell on fb marketplace yesterday. And ended up swapping my 15lb mace for the beast. I had an idea it would be ruff. But man, I understand 110% why it's called The Beast! I can single hand deadlift it and on laying on my back I can press it to the start of a set up. But it will be a while before I attempt the roll to elbow. But just pressing it made my lats fire like I have never felt. And then I remember one of old articles saying "heavy weight is instinctive "!! I also understand that quote alot better!
It will be a while until I truly need a beast, but until then, it will be patiently waiting!

It will be a while until I truly need a beast, but until then, it will be patiently waiting!

Like Pavel said, these heavy jumps in weight are a good way of telling your body to get strong. I bought a 40kg and it felt very heavy. But now I can strict press it once with my right arm and do all my TGUs with it. Trust me, you will use that 48kg bell soon enough. But the key is to be patient.

I am about to restart S&S too but this time I want to discipline myself and own each weight before moving up. Until I can complete the tests in a strong manner, I will not move up.

By the way, did you get a competition bell? Just asking because of your profile pic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom