all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Fixing rounded shoulders

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Smile-n-Nod

Level 5 Valued Member
I need to concentrate on reducing the rounded shoulders I've developed from working at a computer for almost 30 years. What are some specific kettlebell exercises that will help?

With the kettlebell I like armbars for corrective.

And various bent over rows (2 arm versions, deeper in the hinge is better) and 2 hand farmer carries (carrying 2 kettlebells and pulling shoulders down and back) for exercises that impact it. The farmers carries being my favorite.

I need to concentrate on reducing the rounded shoulders I've developed from working at a computer for almost 30 years. What are some specific kettlebell exercises that will help?
One-arm swings strengthen the “back of the shoulder” muscles that are weak from stretching out from lots of sitting.

I would also recommend deadlifts - the entire “posterior chain” needs to be strengthened when the “anterior chain” tightness/gravity is pulling everything forward/inward.

My first stop will be OS resets, by the book. Breathing first, than head control, rolling, rocking and finally crawling and walking. Don't skip stages, make sure your general feel and ROM improves. Don't do moves that make you feel bad or to awkward.

In the KB department Gray Cook's Tall and Half kneeling holds, halos, farmer carries and armbars.

I also advise to get screened first. Either FMS or other form of baseline.

Practice posture the rest of your day outside of the gym. What you do outside of training, with the other 23, or so, hours a day is always more important.

My first stop will be OS resets, by the book. Breathing first, than head control, rolling, rocking and finally crawling and walking. Don't skip stages, make sure your general feel and ROM improves. Don't do moves that make you feel bad or to awkward.

In the KB department Gray Cook's Tall and Half kneeling holds, halos, farmer carries and armbars.

I also advise to get screened first. Either FMS or other form of baseline.

What are OS resets? Original strength?

- breathing
- rib pull
- Brettzel
- StrongFirst armbar and bent armbar
- hanging
- back bridge and progressions leading to it
- TRX rows
- last but not least, chair and computer pushoffs

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom