all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Flexible Steel Blog - Splits, Part 1

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Great article, Steve! I recently achieved splits with arms up, and without knowing it, the technique that you describe in the blog was definitely part of how I got there. Wearing my regular kettlebell training shoes and stretching on the gym mats, I have to work into it by pushing the front leg and back leg out, then relax into it, then push out again, relax into it, etc. - the sticky surface.

upload_2017-5-11_5-12-16.png

@Anna C, nice going!

Everyone else, thank you for the kind words, and please give this approach a try and let us know how it works for you.

-S-

It took me seeing it a second time to realize that "art" is now 21st-century shorthand for "article."

-S-

@Steve Freides , how many days a week would you recommend doing this routine. I ask because I tried it & was very sore for most of the week. I'm presuming I was contracting to hard & wasn't conditioned for it. I do os & super joints daily, as well as the "escape your fighter stance" from flexible steel 3 x a week, I feel like I'm maintaining current flexibility but doing nothing to increase it. I think this could be the missing link I'm looking for to fill my last remaining gap.

Jon and I have discussed this. He likes three times in two weeks. I go a little more often, about twice a week.

It's like heavy lifting in some ways, so relatively infrequently works best.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom