all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Flexible steel

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gary W

Level 5 Valued Member
Ive tried yoga but some of the poses are very hard to get into, i have really tight hamstrings, lower back and hips although prying squat and bridge from S&S warm up as helped massively with hips.

Im thinking im going to do some stretching from flexible steel and just wondered if the following routine done 2/3 mornings a week is covering everything or if i can add to it all?
As i drive alot for work i also do a twist, cossack and lunge for 5/10mins in the evenings but hams are still extremely tight.

This is what im thinking should take about 20/30mins

Neck nods
Side to side
Figure of 8

Arm bar twists
Bretzels
Good morning
X3

Pump x5
Frog

Prying squat
Lunge
X3

Sounds like a plan - give it a try and let us know what you think.

Regarding hamstring stretches, I find that trying to stretch them a little whenever I get up from sitting for a long time is useful.

-S-

Looks solid. I like Engum's stuff. A few other's I like to use by themselves or mix and match with are Eric Goodman's 12 Minute Foundation routine, the 10 Mobility/Flexibility drills by the AthleanX guy, and Peter Attia Jesse Schwartzman pre work out tissue prep.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom