all posts post new thread

Barbell Floor press (enough)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Dumbbells.

I used to have a set of 30-90 lbers. A 90 lb dumbbell BP is pretty solid work, at 100-110lbs/hand you're probably approaching a comparable 300lb barbell BP.

And with dumbbells you don't need the rack.
I could do one arm at a time too, which would be interesting. I suppose I'm already sort of doing this with the TGUs, to come to think of it. 40kg is 88lbs and it starts off like a bench press.

I assume you are referring to my avatar? That's Mr. Sinister from Marvel comics. Get it? Mr Sinister?!
Ah! Like as in Simple and Sinister. Hehehe. :)

Since I didn't know that, it was so funny to look at your avatar! I couldn't link exercise and Satan, hehehe!

My avatar is a representation of the concept of "Simple".

ive have both shoulder reconstructed and rotor cuff tears, what i do for the floor press is i have an old pad from a flat bench that i removed and place on the floor, then i do the floor press only it only adds about 2-3 inches deeper but the stretch and feel is great

@kb02
Floor press pros
1. ROM is safer for the shoulder
2. emphasizes tricep tension which is essential for effective pressing of any kind
3. Easier to bail on a failed rep without a spotter
4. Will measure true press strength as total body tension are kept to a minimum
5. Can be an effective dynamic exercise my releasing tension by balancing on the elbows at the bottom and then firing up fast with light weight

@kb02
Floor press pros
1. ROM is safer for the shoulder
2. emphasizes tricep tension which is essential for effective pressing of any kind
3. Easier to bail on a failed rep without a spotter
4. Will measure true press strength as total body tension are kept to a minimum
5. Can be an effective dynamic exercise my releasing tension by balancing on the elbows at the bottom and then firing up fast with light weight
Personally i don't believe it's safer, or easier on the shoulder, as it receives much less support from the lats ( not to mention the scapulae) than a bench press ( which is hard enough on the shoulders ).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom