all posts post new thread

FMS level 1 & 2 Online

Carter0105

Level 2 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hey guys

Has anyone done FMS level 1+2, Could I ask your opinion?

was the course worth the money at all? Did it add much to your business and your service? Is the online version any good too? Would you do level 1+2 together or just level 1 then wait a period of time to do level 2.

Im really interested, but equally interested in flexible steel level 2, so trying to weigh up which one would be of most benefit to my clients first, im sure they both are, just after some review though as it seems the internet is not fruitful with reviews especially level 2.

Flexible Steel is a tactic
FMS is a system
FMS goes into tactics that fit the system.

I did FMS 1, then about a year later FMS 2. Then 3 years later took 2 again, all in person. I preferred that way to let it sink in, but I also read 'Movement' 2-3x, studied other source material in that year gap. I felt the level 2 just refined what I learned rather than taught (but that's not a bad thing IMO).

Where do you think your 'gaps' are? if it's assessment, do FMS
How do you choose exercises? If it's 'based on what I saw on IG last week', then you need a system. Do FMS
Do you have a solid assessment process, but need more tools in the toolbox? maybe flexible steel is for you

NOTE: This is all my opinion. I have not taken Flexible Steel course, but have the book. Jon discusses strategies and principles so it's not like it's just "here are some stretches, have fun", but it is not the same as FMS

I am biased since I have worked with Gray for many years and taught for FMS since 2006—and I will say that I use and recommend the system.

Hey guys

was the course worth the money at all? Did it add much to your business and your service? Is the online version any good too? Would you do level 1+2 together or just level 1 then wait a period of time to do level 2.

Im really interested, but equally interested in flexible steel level 2, so trying to weigh up which one would be of most benefit to my clients first, im sure they both are, just after some review though as it seems the internet is not fruitful with reviews especially level 2.
If you've done Flexible Steel Level 1 and haven't done the FMS, by all means do the FMS next.

-S-

Hey guys

That 40% off FMS summer deal caught my attention as well :)
Also, they are offering a 1hr overview course for free called "A Common Sense Approach to Evaluating Movement." That should provide a good base FMS.

Last edited:
I've done both last April. Signed up for the live event in my country, and did the online course prior to the live event to really go in deep. Love the digital course, but you do need hands on experience from the live event in my opinion. For the level 2, digital, for me, was enough. I already had done all the exercises and especially the kettlebell exercises (being taught by Brett) I could have worked it out better myself.

Clarification: I do think only FMS level 1 is insufficient, because when you screen, you probably want to correct it afterwards. So the level 2 is (for me atleast) the cherry in the pie, but the digital course, in hind sight, was enough. We only did the corrective exercises guided by Stuart and never practiced a corrective circuit on a fellow student, so I had to work that out on my own.

Edit #2: When you certify, you also get Kalos Sthenos 1 & 2, and Dynami - Kettlebells from the Center, which are still exelent today!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom