all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed FMS Level 1 and 2... should I do it?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Harry Westgate

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hello all,

To anyone on the Forum who has either done the FMS course, or knows of people who have done it (or even just know the system), what are your thoughts on it?

I have recently qualified as a personal trainer and want to focus mainly on getting my students/trainees to work on moving and living well, as humans should, as opposed to simply getting my "clients," lean and/or muscular, which seems to be the only real focus of most personal trainers I know...

I wonder if becoming an FMS practitioner (if that's the correct terminology?) would be a worthwhile step given my aims as a coach?

There is an FMS Level 1 and 2 course in London this June which I am considering, and as far as I can see, it's the only course in England this year!

Thanks,

Harry

Screening, correctives, mobility/stability, functional movement, loading, and programming... My first FMS, just wow. My second, third, fourth (I lost count) - WOW.

So the answer is yes: not should, but must.

Screening, correctives, mobility/stability, functional movement, loading, and programming... My first FMS, just wow. My second, third, fourth (I lost count) - WOW.

So the answer is yes: not should, but must.
+1

IMO FMS or equivalent system is a must

Do it. I think that now, when you register to a live FMS1, you automatically get access to the level 1 online course. Follow it, so that you can come prepared (knowing the principles and how to do the screening) and really enjoy the level 2.

100% take it. I'm taking my Level II for the 2nd time (first time in 4 years) in November in Toronto and looking forward to it myself! Game-changing ideas and strategies.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom