all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed FMS...worth it?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Wesker11

Level 5 Valued Member
So I inquired on the cost of an FMS screening. There were two options, both were a little more expensive than I expected. I can have a 30 minute session for 80 bucks which is a screening and nothing more. For 160 bucks I can have a 60 minute screening and then they will actually prescribe corrective exercises.

Does that seem a little ridiculous to anyone else? Pay 80 bucks and not get any corrective exercises for the session?

search around some more... I found a local chiropractor that is an FMS and they provided a free screening and then if you want corrective's they charge for that... I scored an 18 and I know what I had issues with so I chose to do my own correctives to increase mobility.

It could be the best 80 bucks you'll spend and perhaps may save you that and you will gain more from it in future injury free training. Or you may feel reassured that you are functioning and moving well. Or you may feel it to be a waste of time and money. Is it worth 80 bucks to have your blood work done for vitamin d levels or just take the vitamin d pills in case you have low levels? Avoiding the payment may save you 80 bucks but cost you more than that in vitamin d pills when you may not even need them. Pay the money, take the bloods, it may reveal you have very low levels of vitamin d which may be a possible reason you are having some minor health issues before they become major ones. Dilemmas? Never any easy answers......why are you thinking about fms? Known issues to resolve or just a check up?

@Wesker11 where are you located? I'm in Canada, and while I have seen some physio's and chiro's charge more, as a FMS level II kinesiologist I usually charge 30 bucks for a screening, or 45 for screening + half hour session. It really shouldn't cost much more than an hour personal training session, which here is usually 50-60 bucks

@Wesker11 where are you located? I'm in Canada, and while I have seen some physio's and chiro's charge more, as a FMS level II kinesiologist I usually charge 30 bucks for a screening, or 45 for screening + half hour session. It really shouldn't cost much more than an hour personal training session, which here is usually 50-60 bucks

Yeah, 50-60 is kind of what I expected. I'll look around a bit and see if I can find it a bit cheaper. If not, I'm not gonna bother with it. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom