all posts post new thread

Nutrition for sale: organic coconut oil

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ali

Level 7 Valued Member
A call out to all UK comrades with a coconut oil fetish:

Raw organic virgin coconut oil is on sale at Aldi supermarket for £2.99 a tub. Read that again.
For thrifty foodies like me I always choke on my banana, date and cashew bar when I see the price of the stuff. In tesco the same stuff, different brand, is £9.99 and in the whole food health shop Holland & Barrett it is 15 quid and I've seen it double that at times. I've just checked my fitbit and my heart rate is still elevated with all the excitement.

If, like me, you are confused with the complex economic arguments about the upcoming European referendum then continuing our trade in coconut oil with our European trade partners seems a good enough reason to stay in the EU. So my mind is made up. Anyway, politics aside, enjoy the coconut season of goodwill. Just don't put it in your coffee, please?

Apologies to non uk residents for this off topic shopping tip......

If price is a measure of quality and taste is one aspect of quality then it compares very well with expensive brands. Has a nice subtle coconut flavour to it. I'll be buying more tubs certainly......bit like wine.....the idea that the more expensive it is, the better. Read a study taste study today of a recent wine tasting session where those with a nose for these things concluded that the most superior of red wines was from Asda....4 quid a pop. Heading there now.....

FWIW, we keep two kinds of coconut oil in the house: one is organic, tastes like coconut, etc.; the other is refined and is useful when you want the health benefits of coconut oil without the coconut taste.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom