all posts post new thread

Barbell For Those Interested in Learning the Full Barbell Snatch

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MikeTheBear

Level 6 Valued Member
I said in the previous thread that I would do a longer post about my experiences in learning the full barbell snatch. What can I say - I'm lazy. But here is a really good article from Greg Everett just dealing with keeping the bar stable overhead in the squat position. The cue to pull the shoulder blades back changed my world. Not only did it increase stability but I no longer have impingement in my left shoulder when I just held the bar straight overhead.

Maximize The Stability & Security of Your Snatch Overhead Position

Full Disclosure: Greg has books he wants to sell, and DVDs. But they are all Olympic lifting related and should not be in conflict with any products Pavel sells. I don't care whether you buy anything from him or not as I am not affiliated in any way. Heck, I don't even know the guy personally other than through his Website. So I am in no way trying to somehow secretly promote anything Greg sells. But I've enjoyed his free articles which have been very valuable and I subscribe to his Performance Menu magazine which I enjoy reading. Greg is very knowledgeable about the Olympic lifts and I especially enjoy it when he goes on a "rant" to dispel myths and bad coaching cues.

Greg and Aimee Everett have created a model for free online resources, and team training in Catalyst Athletics. They did not buy their certifications, they earned them in the training hall and on the platform.

Greg and Aimee Everett have created a model for free online resources, and team training in Catalyst Athletics. They did not buy their certifications, they earned them in the training hall and on the platform.

Agree 100%. I added my "disclosure" because I know some forums are sensitive about linking to sites that may be considered "competition." Greg and Aimee have definitely paid their dues in the trenches, they love the sport, and the content on the site is excellent.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom