all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB For those still trying to find Kettlebells...

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

pale1

Level 2 Valued Member
I’ve been trying to find bells in stock for a while now, and refuse to pay what some of these “entrepreneurs” on eBay are charging but I did stumble across a company that has bells in stock.

The lineup of sizes is limited, but they seem to be decent quality (made in Columbus, GA, USA) and prices are great. My first choice would obviously be the StrongFirst bells as their quality is undisputed, but availability being what it is I have ordered a couple of 16kg from these guys and once I receive them would be happy to offer my feedback to anyone that wants it- just ask.

Company name is Goldens Cast Iron.

Good looking out. Bummed they don’t have a 32. I gotta get one as soon as I can.

I currently have a 32kg comp. bell that I ordered from PRX (only place to have one “in stock” at the time- still took 3 weeks for it to arrive). It was my first bell other than a cheapo 45lb from Academy. I also ordered a 24kg comp. from Perform Better (again- only one in stock at the time- arrived in one week). I have found the PB’s quality to be better overall than the PRX- better finish and better handle feel. A quick glance at the PRX bell will send paint flying off of it.

I don’t really care about how it looks though, to be honest, just looking to “own” it!

I currently have a 32kg comp. bell that I ordered from PRX (only place to have one “in stock” at the time- still took 3 weeks for it to arrive). It was my first bell other than a cheapo 45lb from Academy. I also ordered a 24kg comp. from Perform Better (again- only one in stock at the time- arrived in one week). I have found the PB’s quality to be better overall than the PRX- better finish and better handle feel. A quick glance at the PRX bell will send paint flying off of it.

I don’t really care about how it looks though, to be honest, just looking to “own” it!
Just checked. No 32. Bummer

So much for rogue sending me an email then they are in stock! Thanks so much. It’s ordered. $121 including shipping. Better than the $998 they were going for on amazon. Ha.

I had requested to be notified on Rogue’s site for one of their e-coat bells- can’t remember which size- and got an email when I was driving to work, checked the site 10 min later when I got to work and they were already sold out. They’re probably the ones currently listed on eBay. That’s the kind of luck I usually have.

An indestructible enemy who just sits there and says “battle me or don’t”. Or maybe I should think of it as a friend or teacher?
32kg was about where I no longer could be righteously dismissive of a bell when I was done with it. After that I can dominate it, push it around at times, but I always have to remember that it's a cruel taskmaster that will push back at any moment!

Look, no one every said I had a health attitude toward anything in life, include my training, hahaha.

I spoke to someone from Goldens and they have plans to add heavier weight kb’s this fall, FWIW.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom