all posts post new thread

Kettlebell For those who run...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Had you noticed any losses of strength for more 'grinds' type lifts when focusing on solely ballistic ones like in A&A?
I think this question is better answered by people like @Pete L .

Due to various sicknesses in the family I couldn't execute my plan so far, and have started pressing instead, allowing me a more flexible schedule.

Had you noticed any losses of strength for more 'grinds' type lifts when focusing on solely ballistic ones like in A&A?
But I guess Pavel answered it better than I could in his most recent article:

Carryover from power to strength is well documented. Of course, if you want to maximize your “grinding” strength, you will need to add “grinds” to your training. The given plan leaves you plenty of energy and time to do it.

Hello,

Running and lifting, or more generally strength training can go pretty well hand in hand. Below are a few articles on SF blog, but maybe there's more:

Then, you can also find different references about "hybrid training":

Some athletes also made hybrid training their bread and butter: Alex Viada, Fergus Crawley. Both have great content on YT. A typical week for the latter is:
Mon: strength (upper body) + repeats / intervals
Tue: strength (lower body) + repeats / intervals
Wed: Steady state variety
Thu: Full body circuit*
Fri: Muscle stamina / muscle endurance
Sat: LSD
Sun: whatever you want as long as you recover well from it

*Can be considered either as CrossFit or as Strength Aerobics if you want to stay more in SF lines.

This frame allow is to decrease intensity as volume increases, while maintaining constant volume (daily training).

Kind regards,

Pet'

I think this question is better answered by people like @Pete L .

Due to various sicknesses in the family I couldn't execute my plan so far, and have started pressing instead, allowing me a more flexible schedule.
Thanks @Bauer ...
I ran the LCCJ/clean/jerk BJJ programme Aug to Nov last year.
The only grind I've done since is the Victorious MP programme from Fabio.
I was a bit underwhelmed with my test press at the start but, having just read the thread below, perhaps the switch from C&P to cheat clean and MP contributed.
At the end of that I hit a PR so I'm happy.
I can’t comment on DL or SQ.

Looking forward to Pavel's follow up articles...

Thanks @Bauer ...
I ran the LCCJ/clean/jerk BJJ programme Aug to Nov last year.
The only grind I've done since is the Victorious MP programme from Fabio.
I was a bit underwhelmed with my test press at the start but, having just read the thread below, perhaps the switch from C&P to cheat clean and MP contributed.
At the end of that I hit a PR so I'm happy.
I can’t comment on DL or SQ.

Looking forward to Pavel's follow up articles...
Maybe it maintains lifts not in the direct sense, but gives us the ability to quickly regain them. You reported something similar with regards to 1h swings in sets of 10.

It might keep the ground prepared and fertile - but the potential plant still has to grow a bit to manifest its form, if that makes sense.

Maybe it maintains lifts not in the direct sense, but gives us the ability to quickly regain them. You reported something similar with regards to 1h swings in sets of 10.

It might keep the ground prepared and fertile - but the potential plant still has to grow a bit to manifest its form, if that makes sense.
Yes, definitely. My S&S performance took about a week to regain but I had COVID at the time so who truly knows.
Last year I was toying with the idea of 2 to 3 week blocks of LCCJ then MP & SW by splitting up the waves of the Victorious programmes.
However @Geoff Neupert then posted a comment that if you don't follow the programme, you didn't do the programme therefore you can't comment on the programme... kind of obvious but it made me question why I'd tinker.
So my current plan is to blocks of whatever length the programme are written as, e.g. Giant #.# 4 weeks, Victorious 8 weeks, LCCJ Plan A till I plateau, etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom