all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed For those who train college athletes

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

danliftweightgood

Level 1 Valued Member
For those who train college athletes...

Can a collegiate athlete train with a strength coach outside of the given college's strength program (a trainer unaffiliated with the school), or are such scenarios prohibited by team protocol?

There is nothing in the NCAA or NAIA rules that restrict athletes from training outside of their university. What can get you in trouble is if you give them the program at a discounted or free price point, or if you take/post pictures of them in anything with their university logo on it. (BC then you are using a university athlete for marketing purposes).

Team rules will vary from team to team and school to school.

In my experience, an athlete doing both doesn't go over well. All the college athletes I continue to train while they are at school is from a recovery/regeneration standpoint. My stand is I don't want to put my athletes in a compromising position with their team coach or sport coach. All I do is keep them feeling good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom