all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Forced Relaxation

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JoshuaH86

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi guys,
I've been following a routine from Relax Into Stretch and I'm finally getting close to the deck in the Roadkill Split, exciting! Is there some form of active recovery I can perform between or after my sets?

I would do nothing, or just move around and shake things out. Usually strength works of any sort isn't good right after RIS type stretching - I'd just walk around a bit.

-S-

@JoshuaH86, if you're working your splits hard with any contract-relax protocol, you probably shouldn't feel like you want to do anything between sets, anyway. :)

-S-

Oh, I don't feel like I want to Steve! :) What do you think about active flexibility drills like hand kicks on the days between the RIS drills?

@JoshuaH86, if you're itching to do something, try it and report back on how it works out for you. I used to do my splits work while watching TV with my wife after my children, then young, had gone to sleep. Between my sets, I watched TV or read.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom