all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Forearm Forklift for Isometrics

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 7569

It is basically a moving strap
54fa73ae-627c-4ff7-8cf6-e2884ece4dac.jpg._CB284438189__SR285,285_.jpg

as such it is a super tough strap with loops to put your limbs into for isometric exercises.

I did a workout earlier inside the confines of my RV with nothing but this strap and it was great

I bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ASBLJI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it came with two

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool stuff, have you been doing much with isometrics prior to this? Its a great way to train, esp for take-off speed. Like a lot of bodyweight exercises it is deceptively simple.

I found I had a tough time being honest with myself sometimes. Adding a small weight the the rope/strap makes it more difficult to swap exercises, but turns into an external load as the line becomes more straight and the amount of force needed to straighten it goes way up. I also found you can tie one end to a fixed point and you have a poor-man's cable machine. Just another option that lets you do reps in a more traditional manner, but straight up iso is a tough mode. Esp if Maxwell is standing there holding the watch...

@North Coast Miller

I've used Isometrics during naked warrior practice, but in no other applications.

I was mostly attracted to the timed static contraction squat and deadlift, since I do not have a squat rack or a barbell anymore

the fact that I can use a strap to replicate these exercises is crazy to me.

I'm mostly interested in Isometrics and HIT because of the limited rest time and the fact that I can get away with only 2 structured training sessions per week with the other five days spent just playing around, on the pullup bar, crawling, doing pushups, swings, etc.. trying to stay reasonably active

I might try that KB set up with my strap. is yours a 3 pounder?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom