all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form Check 2h swing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TAC

Level 4 Valued Member
Hey all,

Only been swinging for a week with bells I have at work (fire station). Swinging a 16kg. I'm 6'4" 215# and I realize it's a bit light, but what I have for now. Also, watching the video I noticed I start the swing with my hips too high so working on starting lower in the hips.

I've read S&S and ETK. Still haven't decided if I want to do PM or S&S. I like lifting and do a 4 day body split and thinking of using this as a filler for my off days, or second workout later in the day when I'm feeling bored or energized. Bad idea?

• sit back more on your set up and feel your posterior chain load up
  • think "big chest" to keep your t spine from rounding during your set up
  • when you swing you are hinging early. Wait to feel your arms touch your sides and then hinge quickly. play chicken with the bell.
2 cents

Great start on the swings. Doesn't seem to be any major issues, and your start position looks good to me, not too high in the hips. No doubt you can handle a heavier weight.

Good inputs from Leesburgking above though, I agree..

As Anna said, no doubt you could handle more weight. For me personally, I found that moving to the 24kg bell from the 16kg really helped with getting my technique down as the extra mass of the bell with the centrifugal force pull things in tighter.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom