all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form check: KB clean and press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Do you have a lighter bell?

I'd like to see if you can do the following using a lighter bell

1. A more crisp arc
2. Forearm vertical as you press
3. Less wobbly press..

While you can practice these with your current bell, a lighter bell will allow you to fine tune these areas of improvement much faster

Do you have a lighter bell?

I'd like to see if you can do the following using a lighter bell

1. A more crisp arc
2. Forearm vertical as you press
3. Less wobbly press..

While you can practice these with your current bell, a lighter bell will allow you to fine tune these areas of improvement much faster
Yes, I think lighter bells will help improve my form a lot better as well. Unfortunately, all I have atm are a pair of 20kgs so i just GTG the clean and press with a rep or two every hour or so. Thanks for tips though!

Since you mentioned you only have a pair of 20s but use GTG, I have an idea I'd like you to try.

Alternate each GTG practice window pike pushups for 4-5 reps and kettlebell clean and press

The pike pushups will help you build more overall strength, the KB c and p will build the specific skill

Try a few after slightly narrowing your stance after the clean and while squeezing the guts out of a small water bottle in the off hand at initiation of press.

Since you mentioned you only have a pair of 20s but use GTG, I have an idea I'd like you to try.

Alternate each GTG practice window pike pushups for 4-5 reps and kettlebell clean and press

The pike pushups will help you build more overall strength, the KB c and p will build the specific skill
Got it. I'll start this later

Try a few after slightly narrowing your stance after the clean and while squeezing the guts out of a small water bottle in the off hand at initiation of press.

Not a certified instructor here, but my first impression was that you'll benefit from creating more tension. Squeezing the water bottle will help this. Also crush the handle of the bell and make sure your glutes are actively contracting when you press. This should help stabilise your wobble.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom