all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form check kettlebell swing 16kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Referring more to the upswing. Contact IS something you want in the backswing. On the upswing you'll feel it at the start, but you don't want to prolong it.

I see the kettlebell flip up in the backswing to a 9:00 position in your video instead 8:00 as shown below. See if you can feel the loading of the backswing with the kettlebell settling in at 8:00. This will help find a deeper hinge and more effective upswing.

From this article: The SFG Clock—A Guide for the Swing, Clean and Snatch | StrongFirst

View attachment 9991

It is possible to do the whole swing with no contact, and I find this is a useful exercise sometimes to play with swing timing -- to take a light kettlebell and swing it with absolutely no contact at all between forearms and inner thighs. Experiment with the timing, see what works and what hinders the movement. It will smooth right out, much like towel swings force you to do. Think about what is actually making the kettlebell move as you do it. No contact does however tend to make the kettlebell be lower than we generally want in the backswing, so I don't think it's something to stick to... but it can help with finding that good upswing timing and reduce the flipping around of the bell.

Thank you! Yes, quite an honor to be in S&S 2.0!
To me this feels like if the book itself was answering my questions!

I tried it out and I think I unterstand what you mean by feeling "the upswing as the movement of your shoulders" and not pushing the bell directly with my hips. This is very helpful. But for the moment I am unable to prevent the bell from flipping to 9 'o clock...

Good!

Don't worry about the 9:00, it's a minor thing. It will sort itself out when you get a heavier kettlebell, which I think you are ready for now. :)

You're improving and that's what matters..

Even us instructors still pursue that perfect rep.

Here's one thing you can think of in terms of your lower body..

During the snap think of driving your feet through the ground and standing tall

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom