Level 1 Valued Member
Hey guys, please critique my kettlebell swing form if you have the time. Thank you!
Pavel Macek said:Most people do the swing incorrectly because they think it is a two-count movement. This is how it’s usually demonstrated on YouTube University:
Wrong. Think of the swing as four-count movement. Let’s start from the top:
- 1 (down) = evading to soon, which leads to all kind of troubles like the weight pulling you forward, ending too low between the legs, etc.
- 2 (up) = lifting with the hands.
1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4…
- 1 – Bell is falling, you wait in the plank.
- 2 – You evade and hinge when the arms touch the body and the bell almost hits you in the groin.
- 3 – You explosively reverse the movement and come back to plank.
- 4 – Bell flies forward.