all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form check - Leaning the head forward in kettlebell press ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Hung

Level 8 Valued Member
I tried to record all my working sets, and when i checked, i saw that my head tended to move forward when i pressed double bell
here is the clip

I tried to reduce the head movement in the right after set

So is this the right way to execute the exercise?

I would bring the gaze up a little and focus more on driving the chest through the press and not the head. You are a little loose and disconnected. Grab the floor with your feet and squeeze the glutes through the entire press movement.

On the snatch it looks like you’re over extending your lower back near the top of the snatch, remember the body mechanics should be similar to a swing. Try bracing your abs more at the top to prevent the lower back from over extending. On your presses is also looks like your allowing your lower back to over extend on the descent, again try bracing your abs more when pressing the KB. You’re doing doubles so that makes it harder to maintain proper form. The squat looks good.

I would bring the gaze up a little and focus more on driving the chest through the press and not the head. You are a little loose and disconnected. Grab the floor with your feet and squeeze the glutes through the entire press movement.
Thanks for the recommend, but i'm pretty sure that my lower body tension is fine, but the middle part of the body stays somehow loose, even though i had tried to lock it. But still, i will apply your recommend on the next day and clip that.

On the snatch it looks like you’re over extending your lower back near the top of the snatch, remember the body mechanics should be similar to a swing. Try bracing your abs more at the top to prevent the lower back from over extending. On your presses is also looks like your allowing your lower back to over extend on the descent, again try bracing your abs more when pressing the KB. You’re doing doubles so that makes it harder to maintain proper form. The squat looks good.

Probably because i tried to pull my arms lower to trigger my lats- i use my lats as a platform instead of my chest. i tried to get the "longest abs" while still get some tension - i think that is better for my posture.

So my idea of pressing is quite wrong?

you have the right idea in trying to engage your lats. I’d say your press technique is pretty good, just try to engage the abs more to prevent that slight lean. Instead of trying to get long abs, try keeping them braced and tight.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom