all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form check pls

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bellamy

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi again guys and girls. Is there someone who could please check my form . I don't have any instrtors near me here Just following up on a reply from my first thread.

I'm around 158lbs and using 24kg in the first vid and 32kg in the other video for reference which is challenging for me.

Thankyou have a great day.

Please feel free to upload the vids here .

Out of curiosity, where are you located?

Out of curiosity, where are youhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5-TszOmAcL6ZqqfuFZMNwjRA_ddo8ZJ/view?usp=drivesdk24hs swing located?

Out of curiosity, where are you located?
Hi Mark

Bordeaux, but I don't speak much French. I'm attempting to upload 1 vid at a time ,as it obviously didn't work on my first attempt.

This is what we see... You have to set the permissions so we can view it.

1632231798292.png

Got it, visible now! Thanks.

Get-up looks basically good, a few refinements could be made... I'll see what others come up with.

Swing is strong but for hardstyle technique you should come explosively into a standing plank position with knees and hips fully extended and tight, abs tight, glutes tight. You can practice coming into this tight plank using a kettlebell deadlift, then bring it to your swings. You'll probably want to practice this with lighter swings before going back to 32kg, but give this a try and see if you can tell a difference. Keep the arm relaxed and don't raise the kettlebell with the arm at all. Here's a good example.

Get-up looks basically good, a few refinements could be made... I'll see what others come up with.

Swing is strong but for hardstyle technique you should come explosively into a standing plank position with knees and hips fully extended and tight, abs tight, glutes tight. You can practice coming into this tight plank using a kettlebell deadlift, then bring it to your swings. You'll probably want to practice this with lighter swings before going back to 32kg, but give this a try and see if you can tell a difference. Keep the arm relaxed and don't raise the kettlebell with the arm at all. Here's a good example.
Thanks Anna, greatly appreciated, I'll give that a go.

Definitely strong work so here are a few pointers

The swing must have two elements

1. Float
2. Plank at the top

To achieve the first you need to drive your legs and hips and form a straight line from your shoulder to your foot.

For the getup, let's bend the knee of the loaded side, roll to forearm, pause for 1 second then move to posting on the free hand..

Work on these first then let's see your updated vids

Hi Mark

Great , thankyou I'll get to work "greasing the groove" on the aforementioned points.
Does it matter if I have a slight internal or external rotation on the swinging shoulder?

Will post new vids once I think I'm on track.

Thanks all for the great advice every bit helps.

Hi Mark

Great , thankyou I'll get to work "greasing the groove" on the aforementioned points.
Does it matter if I have a slight internal or external rotation on the swinging shoulder?

Will post new vids once I think I'm on track.

Thanks all for the great advice every bit helps.

Since it's slight, I won't worry too much about it for now

I'd recommend if you can get some sessions with an instructor (even virtual) will speed up your learning process

Hi Anna, here's my progress from the last upload. I achieved timeless simple today and I think the form is much better. These are vids of the last sets of swings and tgu. What do you think?

Hi Anna, here's my progress from the last upload. I achieved timeless simple today and I think the form is much better. These are vids of the last sets of swings and tgu. What do you think?

Nice work! You have indeed improved your form. The get-ups look great, no complaints. You can always add a few more purposeful pauses (elbow position is one that a lot of people go through quickly) and a bit more tension. But very nice. The swings are greatly improved in terms of better plank and timing. The certainly "count" for timeless Simple, but if you'd like some things to continue to focus on this is what I'd say: more explosive upswing, even tighter plank (packed shoulder, tight glutes, tight abs, pulled up kneecaps, "you are a board" per S&S), and delay the hinge on the downswing just a bit -- hold that plank position for the first part of the downswing. Keep up the good work.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom