all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form check- single armed swing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Notirishbjj

First Post
As stated in a previous post I'm returning to kettlebell simple and sinister. What stopped me last time was my single armed swing. Started back with the 24kg bell yesterday, need to fix my grip positioning but any other form corrections would be great. Today was my second practice back and I recorded sets 5 and 6, starting with my weak side first:

Your shoulder is rotating at the bottom of each rep, and it starts while the bell is on the ground. In the hike, bring the bell closer to you, about 8-12 inches in front of your feet should be about right, then square your shoulders up before the hike pass. At the bottom of the swing make sure you keep your shoulders square, don’t rotate in with the bell hand.

In
Your shoulder is rotating at the bottom of each rep, and it starts while the bell is on the ground. In the hike, bring the bell closer to you, about 8-12 inches in front of your feet should be about right, then square your shoulders up before the hike pass. At the bottom of the swing make sure you keep your shoulders square, don’t rotate in with the bell hand.
I definitely need to work on this with my one-armed swings, thanks for the tips!

It's very easy to over reach and not square your shoulders up, I didn't focus on this much while doing S&S and noticed it was a problem with my own swings and hike pass.

For me inputs were valuable. I have checked my own videos. I am not doing the rotation… ( dommthough doing many different mistakes) and my tip comes from Dan Johnson, former SF coach. A famous one. He said “ on your single arm swings, tap to your swinging hand to check if you are rotating or not) I have started like that and hence, when I slowly go to more I guess traditional hard style one arm up, like the one you do, I don’t have any rotation issues)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom