all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form Check: Snatch

bangtguh

Level 2 Valued Member
Would you kind enough to check my form and give feedback?

I feel like I have different technique between my left and right hand. With my left I tend to swing the KB to parallel and then pull my shoulders and elbow back before thrusting upwards. With my right I tend to pull my shoulder on the way up, similar to Clean & Press but without racking it.

Any feedback would greatly appreciated.

Front

Left Side

Right Side

So while it's fairly safe, did you notice your arm is straight both on the way up and the drop??

I'd recommend working some cleans first..

Have you worked with an SFG instructor?
Hi Mark, thanks for your feedback.

No I haven't worked with an SFG instructor.

And I ran The Giant and Easy Muscle a few times already. I think my Clean is close enough with Geoff video in EM.
What is the similarity between Clean and Snatch?

The snatch and clean follow a similar path..

The snatch ends in the lockout
The clean ends in the rack

I'd highly recommend you do even 1-2 sessions with an instructor either virtual or in person..

Where are you located?

The snatch and clean follow a similar path..

The snatch ends in the lockout
The clean ends in the rack

I'd highly recommend you do even 1-2 sessions with an instructor either virtual or in person..

Where are you located?
Ah, so in slow motion the kettlebell almost like going near rack position without stopping and go straight to lockout?

Another question: I have hyper extended elbows, should I locked my elbow at the top (in hyperextended position) or bend it a little?

I am in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Where can I find more information about virtual coaching session?

Ah, so in slow motion the kettlebell almost like going near rack position without stopping and go straight to lockout?

Another question: I have hyper extended elbows, should I locked my elbow at the top (in hyperextended position) or bend it a little?

I am in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Where can I find more information about virtual coaching session?
Selamat malam my friend

Yes Anda harus lockout (hope I said that right) lockout is different from hyperextension.

Send me a message since I'm in Manila, our time zones are close

Selamat sore my friend

I saw your video on Instagram and feel that your house looks "Asian", especially the standing fan you have. I have one just like that. Turns out you're living in Manila.

Thanks for your input, this is my attempt after implementing it. Will you be so kind and check it.
I will send you a message to ask more about the virtual coaching.

Front

Side

@bangtguh I think you are doing great. @Mark Limbaga will continue you on the right path.

I was observing the handles of your kettlebells which are rather large and wondering if your snatch might be better to come up and over at the top, rather than the corkscrew method where it comes to the outside of the wrist. Either one is an OK choice, but due to your kettlebell type, the up and over way might work better. Here is an example from a 5-min snatch test I did a few years ago. Also here is a drill that can help develop that style.

Selamat sore my friend

I saw your video on Instagram and feel that your house looks "Asian", especially the standing fan you have. I have one just like that. Turns out you're living in Manila.

Thanks for your input, this is my attempt after implementing it. Will you be so kind and check it.
I will send you a message to ask more about the virtual coaching.

Front

Side
I already see an improvement so good job .

I'll be waiting for your PM then looking forward to talking to you

Back
Top Bottom