all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form Check - Swings

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jimg

First Post
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I've really enjoyed the site, so thanks to you all. Can I get some feedback on my swing form? I am using a 24 kg bell here. I have been doing some kettlebell work the past few months, but have really ramped up because my gym is closed. I had picked up Enter Kettlebell and watched the associated video - that has been basically my only instruction.

Thanks!

Jim

Let's work on a few things..

1. Review the kettlebell deadlift
2. Review the hike pass..
3. Review the hardstyle plank..

When you figure out how these three drills combine to the swing, it will feel much stronger and the bell will feel lighter

It looks like you are thinking "hip thrust" instead of hip extension—"hip thrust" leads to the back extension in your finish where hip extension will lead you to finish tall in the standing plank Mark mentioned.
Think vertical leap without leaving the ground.

There are quite a few articles (several of mine) with video examples you can review.

Let's work on a few things..

1. Review the kettlebell deadlift
2. Review the hike pass..
3. Review the hardstyle plank..

When you figure out how these three drills combine to the swing, it will feel much stronger and the bell will feel lighter

Thank! I will put a heavy focus on these.

It looks like you are thinking "hip thrust" instead of hip extension—"hip thrust" leads to the back extension in your finish where hip extension will lead you to finish tall in the standing plank Mark mentioned.
Think vertical leap without leaving the ground.

There are quite a few articles (several of mine) with video examples you can review.

Thanks. Great advice. I try to focus on the vertical leap (I did a few leaps before the video starts), but I definitely, during the swing, think about thrusting. I can see how that is causing the back extension and how that kind of reverberates to the next rep. Appreciate it.

Here's a drill using the goblet clean (aka goblet catch) to learn how to pattern your swing..

It enforces the vertical plank as Brett mentioned.. give it a try then let us know how it goes

Here's a drill using the goblet clean (aka goblet catch) to learn how to pattern your swing..

It enforces the vertical plank as Brett mentioned.. give it a try then let us know how it goes

Just did these - definitely can feel the difference. I'll be GTG on these for sure. Thanks!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom