all posts post new thread

Forum Business Forum Reorganization

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Sorry if I missed the earlier discussion on the matter but it appears that the nutrition subforum is not a part of new or all posts. Personally, I would prefer it was.

Sorry if I missed the earlier discussion on the matter but it appears that the nutrition subforum is not a part of new or all posts. Personally, I would prefer it was.
I'm very glad that it isn't.

To me, nutrition is its own world, and one I'm very happy to ignore. I'll check out training threads on topics that aren't related to my own training or training interests, but I'm almost never even curious about nutrition as a category, and when I do occasionally check out a nutrition thread I almost always regret it.

Out of sight, out of mind works for me.

BTW, although I've come to like the all-in-one format, I don't like it defaulting to "new posts." I always immediately change it to "all posts" because I like to see the chronological context of threads, and I often go back and reread threads and posts that have no new posts.

Antti, this thought has occurred to me as well. I think the ideal solution would be to allow each individual to choose of Nutrition was included in New Posts. We used to have something like that, although I don't know how many people were aware that it existed. I will look into this possibility again.

-S-

I'm very glad that it isn't.

To me, nutrition is its own world, and one I'm very happy to ignore. I'll check out training threads on topics that aren't related to my own training or training interests, but I'm almost never even curious about nutrition as a category, and when I do occasionally check out a nutrition thread I almost always regret it.

Out of sight, out of mind works for me.

Me, too - very glad it isn't. Only rarely do I have any interest at all in nutrition topics, and if I do, I can go there to read.

Antti, this thought has occurred to me as well. I think the ideal solution would be to allow each individual to choose of Nutrition was included in New Posts. We used to have something like that, although I don't know how many people were aware that it existed. I will look into this possibility again.

-S-
A customizable "new posts" would be amazing!

Thanks for continuing to look into improvements, Steve. I think it's awesome how you listen to suggestions and find solutions. It really makes this feel like an appreciated community.

@Steve W. & @Steve Freides & @Anna C I do realize that the desire to have the nutrition topics included in all/new is not an unanimous one and I naturally will bow down to the will of majority and/or moderators. However, the chance for personalization on the matter sounds great, if it is reasonably feasible.

I am not following you - do you mean when you are looking at the Articles section of the web site?

Thanks.

-S-
Yes. When you Are at the bottom of the article section you Will find the button called "Programming". When you push that button I think the different articles Are not that logically organized. I would have preferred 1) that it would be a specific button to access concrete programs and 2) that the concrete programs were organized after exercises that they contained.

Yes. When you Are at the bottom of the article section you Will find the button called "Programming". When you push that button I think the different articles Are not that logically organized. I would have preferred 1) that it would be a specific button to access concrete programs and 2) that the concrete programs were organized after exercises that they contained.
@Anders, you're discussing a part of the web site, not the forum, which runs on a different platform and is basically an entirely separate subject and not one I'm often involved with.

I will pass your comments along.

-S-

BTW, although I've come to like the all-in-one format, I don't like it defaulting to "new posts." I always immediately change it to "all posts" because I like to see the chronological context of threads, and I often go back and reread threads and posts that have no new posts.
You (or anyone) may use this link ...

... which does the same thing as All Posts. Perhaps some folks will want to bookmark it.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom