all posts post new thread

Forum Business Forum Reorganization

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
This is a very good and user friendly forum that has everything under one 'forum' but the threads are grouped into areas with eye catching icons and you can also click on the icon on the top to see the area you're interested in. Works very well.

If this is the Way it gonna be. Im not a user much more. I think its Way to confusing and Im not interested in all the topics i now have to scroll through.
Wait. Don't go...
If you filter to your preferred modality and then create a bookmark / favourite in yourbrowser, the bookmark will bring up your filtered choice when you open it...

I believe that involving users in the shaping of the forum itself would be a good idea, hear their opinions before actually changing it, nevertheless I do understand that this forum is a Strongfirst free service and product so I respect if they don't want us to take part in this decission either.

Maybe I'm an outlier here, but I always use the "New Posts" button and don't particularly pay attention to what category the post was part of. The new format works fine for me (I understand not everyone does this) and does make sense as so many questions relate to way more than just one modality or one topic, so instead of choosing which one is "best" you can just post your topic/question.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Old way made sense. If we can filter by topic anyway, what was the point? No different to just clicking in different sub-forums.
Flattened the hierarchy, but nothing tangible gained. Those of us who wanted to cross-discuss did anyway. It’s untidy now and you’ve just shifted the “work” of tidying off the forum (which did it by sub forum, so wasn’t an admin effort) onto the user.
A warning or feedback session might’ve been good beforehand, if this is truly a “community resource”. Did anyone actually complain about it before?

I'm fine with it. Forums change and you get used to it in a week or so.

I preferred it as it was before but that's because that was what I was used to. Honestly, I think this might work out better.

It's nice to be able to catch-up on the latest threads without having to check each sub-forum individually.

I like it, i was already forgetting about other sections by just sticking to the kettlebell section. We can all learn from each other. I think the nutrition section has some interesting Topics.

Maybe I'm an outlier here, but I always use the "New Posts" button and don't particularly pay attention to what category the post was part of. The new format works fine for me (I understand not everyone does this) and does make sense as so many questions relate to way more than just one modality or one topic, so instead of choosing which one is "best" you can just post your topic/question.
Me 2. I didnt even notice a difference.

It's much worse now, what's going on? just a friendly warning that things like this can kill forums very quickly, so I suggest getting it sorted very quickly if this is in the middle of changes now. If this is the finished forum then s***, it's not good at all.

Last edited:
This is good. I used to check only the kettlebell section almost daily, but now it’s natural to first check all that’s new and then filter kettlebell stuff if I want to. Might find something interesting that I would have missed before.

Is it possible for filters to be AND and not OR? Right now it appears to only be filterable by 1 single topic, but would be nice if you could select several
I don't think that's possible with the default search that is part of the forum software, but it might be something that could be upgraded via an add-on once all the changes settle down. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom