all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Found a diamond from Dr. Craig Marker

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mark Limbaga

Level 8 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
Being a fan of complexes, I have been reading thru articles written before and wanted to grasp a better understanding of how you can use complexes to target other goals (hypertrophy, fatloss, strength) but not go to deep into the glycolitic zone.

Knowing that S and S has been the usual example for this, I found this sentence from the "strongfirst for crossfit" article

"You must be able to speak in sentences. This is imperative."

This, in a nutshell, answers the question of how we can clearly define the talk test...

that is all for now, train strong everyone

Yeah I've found the talk test to be subjective with a lot of leeway depending on what each individual's idea of the talk test is. The way I dialed it in was to wear a HR monitor. Once my HR exceeded my predetermined zone (I use Maffetone) I would start talking and try to store what that felt and sounded like in my memory banks. After awhile I was able to ditch the HR monitor.

Thanks Mark for the mention. I was definitely referring to the talk test.

work out with other people around- when everyone's bs'ing, carrying on and telling jokes while running or between sets, all's good. when it gets quiet and there's an air of intensity, it's turned into a competition....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom