all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Freestanding pull-up bar

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MC88

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations, Amazon or elsewhere, for a freestanding pull up station for use at home in the back yard? One that is reliable and sturdy, suitable for outdoor use and (hopefully) not too expensive!

For construction reasons, wall-mounted and door-mounted are both out of the question sadly.

Thanks in advance.

I have one from Trapeze Rigging. It’s aluminum, takes down easily and is sturdy enough.

Edit- link deleted per post below.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Trapeze Rigging does not appear to be in business any more -- or at least I wasn't able to buy anything through that website last month when I was shopping for a new freestanding bar. Too bad -- I had previously purchased a couple bars from them and they were not too expensive and sturdy enough for strict pull-ups (but probably a bit wobbly for muscle-ups, kipping, etc.)

This time I ended up getting the BodyWeight Master, which is more expensive and much heavier and sturdier, and has some interesting configurations. You can order it through Amazon but it ships from DD. It's made in China, in case that's an important consideration for you.

I made one a few years ago out of old 2x4, two floor flanges, and , threaded pipe. It was indoors for a few years and has been outdoors for a couple now. Still holding up. I wouldn't do any crazy skipping stuff on it, but it holds.

Attachments

• 15925890942478266165385692626954.jpg
    15925890942478266165385692626954.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 26
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom