Freestanding Pullups Rack

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations - Everything Else' started by Joe123, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Joe123

Joe123 Second Post

Hi All

I have a problem - in my small apartment there is no good place to put a bar. I have been using the top shelf in my coat cupboard for pullups but it's fiddly as there are things in the way in the cupboard.

So I think I need a free standing rack of some kind to leave outside. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I'm in the UK. It would actually be cool to also have parallel bars on the unit but I realise that this may mean a compromise on the width or structural integrity of the rack.

Thank you!

2. Jak Nieuwenhuis

Jak Nieuwenhuis Strong Member of the Forum

I have had this one for a little over a year now, I keep it outside under a car port.

https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Power-Towers/dp/B07FTXPFSV

I really like it.

I can do chin ups, dips,...

I'm a little tall and have to bend my knees usually though

on a sidenote, a doorway pullup bar + a pair of rings would be just as good and be cheaper / last you forever

Phil12 likes this.
  3. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Director of Community Engagement Staff Member Senior Instructor

Try looking for Trapeze Rigging - they're who made mine. I don't use it much but it works just fine and it's lightweight, portable, and pretty easy to put together and take down.

-S-

Jak Nieuwenhuis likes this.
  4. Adam R Mundorf

Adam R Mundorf Helping Make Others Stronger

I'm a big fan of the trapeze rigging elite xl pull up bar. Has served me really well.

5. Chrisdavisjr

Chrisdavisjr Strong Member of the Forum

Something like this might be worth looking into as you can set it up and pack it down when you're finished with it. They're out of stock at the moment, unfortunately, but similar units are available from a variety of sources.

6. Joe123

Joe123 Second Post

Thank you everyone for your help. I have looked at the options and the costs and I think I'm going to make my own! I will update with photos :D

I think because my garden is very small I won't have space for parallel bars but if I put my pullup bar at 7.5" then I should have room to use rings to do dips - I'll need to buy a set of rings so again if anyone knows a good and affordable source in the UK I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again, I will update

7. Chrisdavisjr

Chrisdavisjr Strong Member of the Forum

Killer! Please do!

8. Niek Schokkenbroek

Niek Schokkenbroek Double-Digit Post Count

PaulAtreides and Amar like this.