all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Freestanding Pullups Rack

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Joe123

First Post
Hi All

I have a problem - in my small apartment there is no good place to put a bar. I have been using the top shelf in my coat cupboard for pullups but it's fiddly as there are things in the way in the cupboard.

So I think I need a free standing rack of some kind to leave outside. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I'm in the UK. It would actually be cool to also have parallel bars on the unit but I realise that this may mean a compromise on the width or structural integrity of the rack.

Thank you!

Hi All

I have a problem - in my small apartment there is no good place to put a bar. I have been using the top shelf in my coat cupboard for pullups but it's fiddly as there are things in the way in the cupboard.

So I think I need a free standing rack of some kind to leave outside. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I'm in the UK. It would actually be cool to also have parallel bars on the unit but I realise that this may mean a compromise on the width or structural integrity of the rack.

Thank you!

I have had this one for a little over a year now, I keep it outside under a car port.

https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Power-Towers/dp/B07FTXPFSV

I really like it.

I can do chin ups, dips,...

I'm a little tall and have to bend my knees usually though

on a sidenote, a doorway pullup bar + a pair of rings would be just as good and be cheaper / last you forever

Try looking for Trapeze Rigging - they're who made mine. I don't use it much but it works just fine and it's lightweight, portable, and pretty easy to put together and take down.

-S-

Something like this might be worth looking into as you can set it up and pack it down when you're finished with it. They're out of stock at the moment, unfortunately, but similar units are available from a variety of sources.

Thank you everyone for your help. I have looked at the options and the costs and I think I'm going to make my own! I will update with photos :D

I think because my garden is very small I won't have space for parallel bars but if I put my pullup bar at 7.5" then I should have room to use rings to do dips - I'll need to buy a set of rings so again if anyone knows a good and affordable source in the UK I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again, I will update

None I could find didn't provide everything I wanted. I ended up spending big bucks and not regretting it for a Rogue S3 Squat rack. Note I NEVER do weighted squats but I have a lot of stuff hanging off my rack and loving it!

I used to use a door frame pull up bar along with rings, my newer property hasn't secure enough door frames for this no longer.

I purchased a second hand pull up mate (cost around £40 second hand and plenty fir sale on the Facebook market place in the UK). Really does a good job and packs down and goes under a bed when not needed. A lot sturdier than I thought it would be

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom