all posts post new thread

From scratch to “Sinister”

GMB Elements 30 min.
Dead Hang @ 35 sec. + Finger extension x 3

Today upgraded to Green + White band for finger extensions.

I can now bodyweight squat after warm up in to a resting position although not fully comfortable and rounded back, it is still considerable success for me.

GMB Elements 30 min.
Dead Hang @ 35 sec. + Finger extension x 3

Today upgraded to Green + White band for finger extensions.

I can now bodyweight squat after warm up in to a resting position although not fully comfortable and rounded back, it is still considerable success for me.
Brilliant Ege, do you feel Elements is making the difference for you?

Yes, in the beginning I was feeling as if I am “betraying” strongfirst by posting GMB elements in to my training log but than I thought Elements” or movement is a “sports” for me. It is not competing w S&S or teachings of strongfirst because “movement” is like doing BJJ without a opponent.

Since I clear that piece, at least to myself. I can share my experience w Elements.

It is an 8 week, 6 days a week program, it is indeed a GPP program, you can do it less often.

Working on mobility is a chore that I dislike, so if I did not find Elements, I don’t know with what else I could improve my mobility in order to practice S&S.

I did not have an official FMS score but I suck at control and mobility. Elements addresses all. It is like hard playing everyday. Which is good for many reasons.

I intend to do Elements until I have reasonable success with it and once I can easily squat and raise my shoulders with ease I will start S&S and stick to both programs. Elements is not a strength program, it has a modest strength element but its mobility, working capacity and control aspects are very good. Those often neglected areas can only be addressed w “routines” and problem with all of them in my humble experience is they are very boring for me. W Elements you have a program and a progression you follow, it is auto regulated. So you need to be committed . I don’t feel stronger but I feel younger.

My Body weight squat was barely painful parallel now I can sit in to squat after I warm up is a great progress for me. Overhead shoulder mobility seems better, but it might be mostly due to hanging.

Hope it answers.

Morning mobility 15 minutes.
Walk 20 minutes.
GMB Elements 45 minutes.
Dead Hang @ 35 sec. + hand extention x 4

Yes, in the beginning I was feeling as if I am “betraying” strongfirst by posting GMB elements in to my training log but than I thought Elements” or movement is a “sports” for me. It is not competing w S&S or teachings of strongfirst because “movement” is like doing BJJ without a opponent.

Since I clear that piece, at least to myself. I can share my experience w Elements.

It is an 8 week, 6 days a week program, it is indeed a GPP program, you can do it less often.

Working on mobility is a chore that I dislike, so if I did not find Elements, I don’t know with what else I could improve my mobility in order to practice S&S.

I did not have an official FMS score but I suck at control and mobility. Elements addresses all. It is like hard playing everyday. Which is good for many reasons.

I intend to do Elements until I have reasonable success with it and once I can easily squat and raise my shoulders with ease I will start S&S and stick to both programs. Elements is not a strength program, it has a modest strength element but its mobility, working capacity and control aspects are very good. Those often neglected areas can only be addressed w “routines” and problem with all of them in my humble experience is they are very boring for me. W Elements you have a program and a progression you follow, it is auto regulated. So you need to be committed . I don’t feel stronger but I feel younger.

My Body weight squat was barely painful parallel now I can sit in to squat after I warm up is a great progress for me. Overhead shoulder mobility seems better, but it might be mostly due to hanging.

Hope it answers.
That’s really interesting Ege, I’m quite interested in exploring that further myself, but it’s great that your seeing progress in your own mobility and that as a preparation for further programs it is paying off and quickly.

That’s really interesting Ege, I’m quite interested in exploring that further myself, but it’s great that your seeing progress in your own mobility and that as a preparation for further programs it is paying off and quickly.

It is paying off, not as quickly as I wish however if I do elements a few more rounds, I will become a flexible person from a stiff person.

If it’s any consolation, my 15 year old son can’t squat for toffee; when I do occasionally get him to do a workout I have to assist him, I hold a pole parallel to the floor and with him holding it I walk him through the motion. I’ve put this down to his Dyspraxia coupled with fact he’s going through growing stages, but I’m now wondering if the GMB Elements might actually help him in this regard.

If it’s any consolation, my 15 year old son can’t squat for toffee; when I do occasionally get him to do a workout I have to assist him, I hold a pole parallel to the floor and with him holding it I walk him through the motion. I’ve put this down to his Dyspraxia coupled with fact he’s going through growing stages, but I’m now wondering if the GMB Elements might actually help him in this regard.

I believe so. A 15 year old will show a very fast progress. Will he or you like Elements? I don’t know. They have a free BW program in their website. Not like elements but it goes through Bear, Frog and Monkey walk as well as push ups etc I believe. Elements structured very differently. But the free version can give an idea.

They also have 14 day guarantee that you can take your money back if you buy their products.

Ps: As someone who can read this can think, I have no connection w GMB. I use their programs to get ready for S&S.

Best;

Ege

AM:
S&S practice (8 kg warm up, 12 kg practice )
Swing Note:
Wait for the elbows touch the ribs
TGU Note:
Keep proud chest and pack shoulders.
PM:
25 min outdoor walk on sand / 1 min dead hang.
26.48 min. @ 17’.42”/Mile
Walk note:
Go down to 15’

AM:
GMB Elements 30 min
Crab walk note: Keep proud chest
Bear walk: Shoot a video of yourself

AM:
S&S practice (8 kg warm up, 12 kg practice )
Swing Note:
Wait for the elbows touch the ribs!!! Be snappier to the plank.
TGU Note:
Keep proud chest and pack shoulders.

I am quite happy, I can see that I have improved the stability and mobility of my left shoulder more than I thought. Can’t wait to jump to 16kg but holding my horses, lighter weights now allow me to be slower and to go to the “edges” of my mobility further.

PM:
GMB Elements 30 min
Crab walk note: Keep proud chest
Bear walk: Shoot a video of yourself

Last edited:
Ege : Can’t wait to jump to 16kg but holding my horses
Gday @Ege , Hows things going ?
The one thing I have learned over the last couple of years is exactly what you have said above, "hold your horses" consolidate gains, be patient, dont rush to heavier weights, ie absolutely "own" the moves at before increasing the weight - I asked in a thread what does "own" mean and got some useful answers.

Gday @Ege , Hows things going ?
The one thing I have learned over the last couple of years is exactly what you have said above, "hold your horses" consolidate gains, be patient, dont rush to heavier weights, ie absolutely "own" the moves at before increasing the weight - I asked in a thread what does "own" mean and got some useful answers.

Thanks for taking time and reaching out to me. I have read the thread lots of useful information.

Some time later, what is your take now? How do you approach the ownership now?

A time limited ( do 10 in 10 minutes type of) ownership definition does not make me feel good, because I believe I need to do TGU slowly so that my shoulder mobility improves faster.

Do you have a solution for your self or for me that you can teach?

My takeaway from that thread was the response that said
Internally I use the measurement of boredom. There comes a point where I start running out of obvious improvements to make. The reps become so easy that I get lost in thoughts about laundry or the next days schedule.

Have you seen the Jackie Vazquez videos in this thread and seen how easily she does 24kg getups ? For me doing them that confidently would be my target in future, definitely wouldn't hurt to move up to 28 if you could do 24s that easily.

Reactions: Ege
Back
Top Bottom