all posts post new thread

From scratch to “Sinister”

Traveling with no access to Kettlebells. No S&S practice this week end. Maybe Sunday night when I make it back home, if I have energy.
AM:
GMB Elements 30 min
PM:
GMB Elements 30 min

Last edited:
Internally I use the measurement of boredom. There comes a point where I start running out of obvious improvements to make. The reps become so easy that I get lost in thoughts about laundry or the next days schedule.
This is a very good ownership definition that I will use for sure!

Have you seen the Jackie Vazquez videos in this thread and seen how easily she does 24kg getups ? For me doing them that confidently would be my target in future, definitely wouldn't hurt to move up to 28 if you could do 24s that easily.
She is very athletic. Although it is great fun to watch her performance, she might not be the right aspiration for me when it comes to TGUs. I am almost sure that Pavel recommends grinds to be slow and controlled. I feel that I can do my self more harm than good, with fast TGUs.

. I am almost sure that Pavel recommends grinds to be slow and controlled. I feel that I can do my self more harm than good, with fast TGUs.

You are right, I didn't think of that, I was just so amazed at how easily she was doing 24kg TGUs I thought Wow ! That is inspiring ! .....and if I could do 10 24kg TGU that comfortably, that would be enough for me.

Reactions: Ege
01/29/2023
PM
First S&S practice session w 16kg. Warm ups w 8kg.
01/30/2023
AM
30 min moderately brisk walk
PM
GMB Elements 30 minutes.

Last edited:
PM
S&S session 2. @16kg. Warm up @12kg.
-Strained inside left hip during last TGU L. Had the wisdom to stop the session. not concentrated, plus left hip flexor was nagging due to an over stretch for like a month.
-GS, keep chest proud.
-Swing, play chicken w bell
-TGU, lock elbow and keep eye on KB.

Last edited:
AM
ACMS Cardio session 1
30 min Rucking @ 8 kg KB backpack

A3AF59EA-8282-4A6A-8588-5E4E1A82A22F.jpeg

To drive the heart rate above 130’ish for Zone 2 will require some try and errors. 8 kg KB did not cut it. I will need not only heavier bell in back pack but increased speed as well. I am gamous with short walking strides. Will need to read Al’s rucking article again in detail.

PM
30 minutes GMB Elements.
Feels very solid.
S&S goes with movement practice and walking like bread and butter…

Last edited:
AM
S&S session 3 @16kg. Warm up @12kg.
Last R get up did not feel like much of a grind. Which is great. My limiting factor is working capacity not strength….

-Hip flexor is okay, left biceps is sore after session maybe Swings…. I should relax my left elbow during swings.
-GS, keep chest proud.
-Swing, play chicken w bell

PM
ACMS Cardio session 2 planned.
30 min Rucking @ 8 kg KB backpack w new backpack.
Increase speed and heart rate. Gotta hit Zone 2 w 8 kg….

Last edited:
AM:
GMB Elements 30 min (Session takes around 45 minutes)
PM:
I will miss today’s S&S. Would love to compensate it by Saturday and Sunday S&S sessions. Gotta keep my “busy” week end, as fresh as possible.

AM
S&S session 4 @16kg. Warm up @12kg Halo, 16kg GS.
Started to use talk test better.
-GS, keep chest proud.
-Swing, play chicken w bell, packed shoulders, wider stance.
Left biceps soreness is getting better. Watch your swing form and damn to the floor.

AM:
GMB Elements 30 min (Session takes around 45 minutes, was a slow and successful session without any push since I was a bit tired from last night.

I will see how I feel during the day for a possible S&S session.

AM
S&S session 5, 2T @16kg. Warm up @ 8 kg.
Started to use talk test better.
-GS, keep chest proud.
-Swing, play chicken w bell, packed shoulders, wider stance.

AM:
Shoulder pack and proud chest are two most and only important thing that I need to focus right now. As in TgUs and swings.

PM
S&S session 6 @16kg. Warm up @ 8 kg, 12, 16 kg.
Strained left biceps. Stopped seing sets rught after at set 7.

Is it due to wrong parking that happened previously? Is it new? Gotta pack shoulder really good.

Last edited:
AM:
Shoulder pack and proud chest are two most and only important thing that I need to focus right now. As in TgUs and swings.

PM
KBSF session 1. Heavy day TGU 16kg, Swing 16 Sets @ 12kg
TGU: Focus on straight arm
Swing: Park safely, park safely, park safely.

PS: Due to bicep strain, that I have caused, I wanted to do a session w KBSF.

AM:
Overhead mobility, stability & strength issues show themselves with the moves require them. GTG isometrics could be an approach.

AM
KBSF session 2 Light day TGU pauses and presses and rotations 8 kg, Swing T 16 Sets @ 12kg

PM
GMB Elements 30 min. Last Session of second round.
Went smooth although it is the most challenging session of Elements. KBSF and movement practice is doable.

Last edited:
AM
GMB Elements 30 min. Assessment. Need proud chest all the time. That is the focus in the coming rounds of Elements. Full Stop.
PM
S&S session 7
WU GS @ 16 kg, Halo @ 12 kg
Swings @16 kg. Continue to be careful all the way.
TGU @ 16 kg Packed shoulders
CD Q/L regression needed

NW:
1 session.

AM
Hand walk wall stretch feet on ground ( not a handstand) 1 min
Ankle flexion 30 sec each
Toetouches 30 sec each
GMB Elements 30 min.
Hang light.
(Actual session is 40 min)
Keep proud chest.